Road to Atlassian Certified Expert: Interesting Journey through Data Center & Cloud Certification

Hi Atlassian Community,

It was two years ago when I started my Atlassian journey and now I realize it is an integral part of my work life. Being Atlassian Community Leader has really enriched my Atlassian skills on data center and cloud variants, especially on Jira Software, Jira Service Management & Confluence Product.

From a DevOps background, I started my journey with Jira project administration and then continued on to Jira administration.

With a year or so of experience in both server and cloud variants, it was almost after two years I took the cloud certifications on both project administration and Jira admin certification.

It was with skill builder courses & badges I gained confidence in confluence with good experience of around 6 months working with the tool.

For me, Atlassian Certified Expert is a stepping stone in the journey of learning & having expertise across multiple Atlassian products.

My Certification Path

Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator for Data Center and Server  Atlassian Certified in Managing Jira Projects for Cloud  Atlassian Pro Skills Badge: Confluence Space Administration  Atlassian Certified in Managing Jira Projects for Data Center  Atlassian Certified Jira Service Project Manager  Atlassian Certified Expert

Learning never ends!! As always, I will continue contributing to the community and thrive for knowledge.

Let me know your thoughts on how your experience or preparation for certification is going in your work life at Atlassian.

I have updated the above badges recently with Jira Service Project Manager Certification!!

Happy Learning!!

Thanks,
Pramodh

19 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2021

Congratulations @Pramodh M!

I 100% agree with everything you have said!

Like Pramodh M likes this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2021

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon !!

Like # people like this
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2021

Congratulations, @Pramodh M !

Welcome to the club =) 

I have plans to Cloud exams too, I plan to start with ACP-620.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2021

Thanks @Alexander Bondarev !!

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2021

@Pramodh M  Congratulations for the feat!  🤩

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2021

Thanks @Ajay _view26_ !!

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2021

Congratulations @Pramodh M 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2021

Thanks @Deepanshu Natani 🙂

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2021

Congratulations! Best use of the word variants I have seen in the past 2 years - glad it could be used for a positive message! 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2021

Thanks @Andy Gladstone 🙂

Freddy May 13, 2022

Congratulations, I am inspired to follow through this path.

Thank you for sharing

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2022

Glad Freddy!!

Like Freddy likes this
Angie Wong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2022

Congrats @Pramodh M on your many badges and certifications. We at Atlassian University love your dedication to your craft!

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2022

Congratulations @Pramodh M ! Extraordinary achievement!

Lina Tw March 18, 2023

Great job, and congratulation!

So after you spent all of this time on getting certified and getting these badges, did you find a good job, or did it affect your career, pay wise? I think is very important question that need to be answered, I'm seeing tons of people enrolling in tons of different type of certifications, but once they start looking for a job, almost 95% + of the job posted on linkedin want 5+ years experience for some entry level, low pay job. The question is: how can these new comers with new certifications, can find jobs to get the 5+ years experience? 

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2023

Congratulations, @Pramodh M

FYI to you and those who contributed comments... We are pleased to announce that the Atlassian Organization Administrator Certification Exam is now also officially available. So you can add to your impressive list!  

Like # people like this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

Thanks @Joanna Thurmann 

I have already bought the course and waiting for the exam to appear in the exam portal.

Once it appears I'm ready to take the exam. Fingers crossed!!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
May 24, 2023

@Pramodh M I just verified that it's available now in the exam portal. Fingers crossed for you, indeed!  Let us know how it goes. Be sure to check out the Exam Success course. It really does ensure success :-)

Kerri Bailey October 30, 2023

I am curious. I have been using Jira and Confluence for about 1 1/2 years. Looking at the Professional Certs- where should I start if I want to start working towards obtaining these certs? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events