Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🔔 New cert alert! ACA - Confluence Essentials

It’s that time again: the Atlassian certification team is serving up a fresh new certification! You already know and love Confluence, or as we affectionately call her here, Connie. You know she supports all teammates, whether they're a tech team or not — and even if they're scattered across the globe. On-the-go or at your desk, you know you can tailor Confluence for what suits your team best with templates, apps, macros, and more — so now it's time to make all of that knowledge official with a certification!

We're delighted to announce the launch today of ACA - Confluence Essentials 😎

giphy

We sat down with senior certification developer Ree Kent to uncover more about this latest certification, who it’s for, and what you can expect to learn from it.

This is Atlassian’s first Confluence certification in a while, right? What motivated the certification team to develop a Confluence certification for users?

Confluence is one of Atlassian’s most popular solutions with multiple use cases for virtually every role in an organization. And with all the new features that have been added recently like Atlassian Intelligence (AI) and Whiteboards, this is a great time to ensure our community can showcase their proficiency with a brand-new certification.

What can Confluence users and enthusiasts expect to see on the exam?

The Confluence Essentials exam covers the concepts and features used every day! It is intended for current and future Confluence users who want to power their career growth by proving they understand how to create, organize, and collaborate effectively in Confluence, including:

• Basic Confluence terms

• Navigating in Confluence

• Creating and managing pages in Confluence

• Enhancing pages in Confluence

• Using Atlassian Intelligence in Confluence

• Exploring advanced features in Confluence

• Collaborating on pages in Confluence

• Using whiteboards in Confluence

• Searching for pages in Confluence

Here’s a bit more specifics on the topics covered:

1. Intro to Confluence terms and navigation ~ 12%

2. Creating pages and basic editing ~ 35%

3. Advanced editing ~ 15%

4. Working with pages ~ 35%

5. Advanced features ~ 8%

(Editor's note: Find all the details on the exam details page!)

How do you recommend folks study for it?

We always recommend that folks jump into the curated Confluence Essentials certification path – a sequence of free courses to prepare you for the exam. You can explore the course content more to learn, or skim it to make sure you’re prepped and ready to pass the exam. Even if you are a long time Confluence user, you might be surprised to learn about a new feature.

Who do you think might benefit from this cert?

Since Confluence can be used by any department, team, or individual to create and manage content, everyone in an organization can benefit from earning this certification. It is a great career investment, plus you gain the bragging rights of having a globally recognized credential in a very popular solution.

What’s your favorite Confluence hack or keyboard shortcut?

Definitely the 'r' command to show off pages in presenter mode. This feature has made slides a distant memory for me!

Let us know in the comments — will you start with the certification path to prepare, or are you ready to get certified with ACA - Confluence Essentials?

Certification path

Certification exam

11 comments

Comment

Kate Pawlak [Appsvio]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2024

Great news! Hope to pass it next month 👩‍🎓

Like # people like this
Kseniia Trushnikova
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2024

That's awesome! Thanks for this cert, guys!

Is it about Confluence Cloud only? Or are there questions about Confluence DC here as well?

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2024

Really excited to schedule and tackle this one! I'll find out if my love affair with Confluence is a shared commitment or not!

Like # people like this
Ree Kent
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2024

Hi @Kseniia Trushnikova The exam only includes Confluence Cloud. 

Like # people like this
INOSTANSGLO
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 27, 2024

Hello everyone I'm new here 

Please I will need directions

Thanks

@Jaime Netzer @Ree Kent @Andy Gladstone @Kseniia Trushnikova @Kate Pawlak [Appsvio] 

Like # people like this
Vedant Kulkarni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2024

Excited to knockoff this exam!

Like # people like this
Ree Kent
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 4, 2024

Hello @INOSTANSGLO 

To get started, please see this page - Confluence Essentials exam

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2024

Excited to try out this certification in the next few weeks!

Like # people like this
zoz joomaster
Banned
July 21, 2024

Wow I have taken this course and enjoyed it all the way! 

It is very user-friendly, and the Jira sync options rock! 

Like # people like this
Kai Krause
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 30, 2024

Great course and exam that meets the requirements.

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2024

Has anyone passed the exam yet? I'm eyeing up this one for the near future 

Like Mark de Bont likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events