Learn the dynamic duo with an all-new Jira and Confluence Together course

giphy

Peanut butter and jelly, thunder and lightning, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez… some things were just meant to go together. And so were the Atlassian classics: Jira and Confluence. But just because two things were made to work together, doesn’t mean they always find harmony (especially those pesky celebrity relationships).

That’s where Atlassian University’s all-new version of Jira and Confluence Together comes in. This training course was re-designed to help you learn all the ways you can ship projects faster when you use these two powerful tools together, as they were designed.

In this course, you’ll learn:

• How to link Jira issues and Confluence pages

• How to create Jira issues from Confluence

• How to apply the tools in real-world business situations

• and more…

Available now, for the all-new price of only $90. Get started today →

Meet your instructor, @Andrew DeBell

Atlassian University is continuing to explore new ways to bring quality training to you, so in this version of Jira and Confluence together you’ll get to experience a different way to get hands-on with the material. I spoke to your course instructor, developer, and guide for the all-new Jira and Confluence Together, to learn what makes this course unique:

Andrew! I love all the new ways you approached learning these two powerful tools. What led you to re-think this course, Jira and Confluence Together?

Thanks, Ben. We’re experimenting with all sorts of new self-guided learning content at Atlassian University. We chose this course because it’s a popular topic, but the content was in much need of a refresh.

So, we reimagined the entire learning experience from the ground up! We added an instructor on screen, wrote fresh scripts to brighten the energy, chose a more interactive video player, improved the entire UX, included task-specific demo videos, and gave learners an opportunity to practice their skills in a simulated environment.

That’s a really interesting way to get hands-on in this course that doesn’t involve a lab environment. What can learners expect from it?

We’re calling it an “Interactive Simulation Challenge.” Instead of a lab, we’ve created a hands-on gamified experience to help learners practice and solidify their skills. The challenge: can you complete six Jira and Confluence tasks in 15-minutes?

The goal is for you to navigate the tools and solve all the puzzles in a set time. There’s flexibility for all types of learners, so you can turn off the timer, or turn on text-based hints for guidance. The simulation is built directly into the course, so you can stay focused in the same learning environment. It’s a great way to test your skills and see if you remember what you’ve learned.

How do customers get rewarded when they complete this course?

At the end of the course, there's a final assessment. When you pass the assessment, you’ll earn an official Atlassian University badge! This digital badge is a great artifact to show off your skills and help grow your career.

And, the best part? If you don’t pass the first time, you can retake the assessment. Just wait 24-hours to give it another spin. That gives you plenty of time to revisit the course materials and study up for your next attempt.

What’s one thing you learned about using Jira and Confluence together that surprised you while building this course?

Oh man. I learned so much! The most useful takeaway was probably learning everything the Jira issues macro can do. That macro is out of this world: It helps you create new issues, insert issues on pages, batch create issues from tables. Game changing. Plus, my co-instructor, Charlie, delivers a few macro zingers in the course (macro-roni and cheese, anyone?).

Okay, last question: besides Jira and Confluence, what’s your favorite all-time duo?

Embracing the culture of Southern California, I have to go with Tacos and Tuesdays. Eating handheld food on a sunny afternoon, filled with alliteration. The DREAM.

What about you? In the comments below let us know what food, pop culture, or software pairing is the ying to your yang. And let us know if you have questions about the course. Give it a try: the all-new Jira and Confluence Together is available now… at an all-new price!

8 comments

Comment

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

Thank you @Ben Thoma . I believe this combo course will reflect and has the current confluence UI and enhancements?

Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam , this course shows Confluence Cloud UI as of the Oct. 4th to 11th updates provided at this link. We will update this course continually to make sure it stays up to date with product UI updates. Hope that helps!

Like Ben Thoma likes this
Chelsea Roberts December 10, 2021

thanks

Peter Cary February 7, 2022

Hello @Ben Thoma and @AndrewvDeBell.  Is this course targeted for Server & DC users only?  Or can this be used for Cloud based users?

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2022

@Peter Cary It definitely is designed for Cloud users!

Like Peter Cary likes this
Peter Cary February 7, 2022

Hi @Ben Thoma , thanks for confirming that! 

On a separate note, can you tell me when the course "Confluence Administration" will be ready for Cloud based users?  I hear that the "official" word is that this course doesn't translate well for Cloud.
I'd wonder how different it is, and that most of the fundamental "what is confluence? How do you do things?" will be the same for the Server users as for the Cloud user (except for UI differences and some system admin limitations of Cloud)?  Your insights will be very helpful!

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2022

@Peter Cary You should definitely stay tuned… good things coming very soon… I would suggest "Following" our New & Refreshed catalog.

Jaime Netzer
Atlassian Team
March 18, 2022

@Peter Cary was just checking back on this post and in case you didn't already see this, thought I would pass along! Happy learning!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events