Introducing the Authorized Instructor Program

Big news@2x.png

Atlassian University is excited to announce a brand new program designed for certified independent consultants. 

The new Authorized Individual Instructor program allows independent consultants to build a training practice or enhance an existing practice by delivering hands-on courses authored and maintained by Atlassian University.

To qualify for this program, you must hold an active Atlassian Certification and must not be part of an Atlassian Solution Partner organization. There is no cost to join the program.

If you are part of a partner organization please reach out to your Channel Manager to learn more about our Authorized Training Partner Program.

As an Authorized Individual Instructor, you will: 

• Teach Atlassian University authored and maintained content in your native language*

• Your clients will have access to a virtual lab environment for each attending team member

• Receive an Authorized Instructor Badge for promotional purposes

• Receive marketing assets to help you promote your training offering (under development)

*Content and hands-on labs will be provided in English

Learn more about the Authorized Individual Instructor Program.

5 comments

Comment

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2022

Interesting. Details are not detailed enough. Could you please elaborate the following.

- How does it work revenue wise?

- Instructors will buy the class kit worth $300 for 5 students per course?

- Are these instructors free to decide how much they want to charge for these courses? or the courses needs to be purchased at a fixed price from the university?

- Do you really expect independent instructors to have all the certifications to qualify for teaching these courses?

Ravi

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Seema Seehra
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2022

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ Great questions, thanks for asking.  

1. Revenue wise, the individual instructor purchases a class kit from AU then resells it (at whatever price you would like to charge) to a client(s). The class kit includes instructor materials, access to hands-on labs and student workbooks.   Here's a rough calculation that may help.  Trainer rates, charges to customers are random numbers I've come up so you'll want to adjust as you see fit. 

Revenue  
Learner cost / person $400 $2000
Costs  
 5 license class kit (assume this is a 4 hour course)  $300
Trainer Cost = $125/hr*4 hrs $500
Net Income to Trainer $1200

2. Independent Instructors do not have to hold all certifications.  The training available to teach is based on the certifications an individual instructor currently holds.   The best way to read the table is to review the certifications you currently hold and then take a look at the courses available for you to teach.    

I hope this helps!  

Like # people like this
Kavitha Chandrasekaran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2023

Hi Seema 

I think this is a great program for independent trainers. Once we apply and get approved, do we have to but the class kits immediately or when we require and ready to commence our training? 

Also, I am unable to download the application form from the site. It says failed server problem. I have downloaded other pdfs from atlassian with no issues. Are you able to send the application form? 

https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/1123985-authorized-instructor-program

Thank You

Kavitha

Kerli Loopman
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hi @Seema Seehra I am also interested about the question @Kavitha Chandrashekaran asked about buying the class kits. 

If I apply and every thing is OK and I will start to promote my course, do I have to buy the kits right away or can I do it on what ever time in first quarter? 

If I would have all 20 people on first course, I could order 4 kits at one time and the limit for this year would be filled or is it calculated quarterly so I have to make orders for kits each quarter?

Thanks

Kerli

Kavitha Chandrasekaran
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2023

Hi @Kerli Loopman

I recently applied for the Authorized Instructor and got approved. There is a lot of information and I am still going through it. But here is one of the sections. 

Payment.

For each class to be taught by the instructor, the instructor shall pay the fees for the Class Kits as specified on the Order System at the time of purchase. These fees will include fees for a Lab Account for Instructor and for each Attendee, as well as a fee for the Atlassian Materials. For clarity, Instructor may purchase Class Kits for multiple Classes in a single order. The number of Attendees permitted in a Class may be limited as set forth in the Order System. If so, Instructor will be required to pay overage fees specified by Atlassian for any additional Attendees. Further, if Instructor adds any Attendees to a Class after placing an order, Instructor will promptly notify Atlassian and pay any additional fees specified by Atlassian.

Hope this helps to some extent to answer your question.

Thank You

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events