Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

✨Evolving the Atlassian Certification Program

59 comments

Comment

Marshall Walker Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2024

You can find all of the key information about retirements & renewals on the Atlassian University website: https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/867828-retirements-and-upgrade-pathways

Like # people like this
Luis February 19, 2024

Hi @Suzanne Veljanoski 

Many professionals who have worked in Atlassian consulting for years support the change to a new recognition system. This system would distinguish between a product administrator, and a product and methodology expert with Atlassian best practices skills. This would help teams to get the most out of Atlassian products adoption and help organizations avoid the "Frankenstein" instances that leave many "product administrators" and leave Atlassian in a bad light with IT management. With new products arriving the Atlassian portfolio more risk that this continue happening.

We, the professionals who dedicate time to staying up-to-date on Atlassian capabilities and certifications, are part of the human force behind of a common success. However, there is a gap that needs to be addressed.

As professionals in the market, we move between companies, and transferring credentials from one account to another is often tedious and time-consuming, involving several Atlassian departments (SUPPORT, DATA, etc.). Often this process is not done correctly or not done at all, and I have seen situations where a former employer is using our credentials in the Partner Directory without us being in the company. This does not help healthy competition between partners.

This needs to change and allow us to easily take our training history, certifications, and credentials with us in a portable and easy way. This way, we can be recognized, and partners, both large and small, can quickly benefit from having competent profiles. For example, when hiring a senior profile, small partners can boast to clients that they have competent profiles.

In short, I don't know how the implementation would work technically, but having two training histories, one in the Enablement Academy and one in the University, a Salesforce accreditation system and a Certmetrics Certification system, doesn't help us.

I request a unified, portable profile, and above all, to be owners over our own Atlassian professional resumes.

Best regards,

Luis

Like # people like this
Andreas Hillebrand February 22, 2024

Hi @Suzanne Veljanoski

I went through your post and all the comments here plus I read through this page here: https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/867828-retirements-and-upgrade-pathways 

but I still don´t really understand how I can extend my certification. My certification is due for expiration in June normally. But as I understood it, there is a expiration pause until 30th of September. 

My question is now: 

How can I extend my certification beyond the 30th of September since there are currently no "Pro Skill Badges" available any more? 

Do I have to take another complete certification exam see image below to keep my certification or will there be new "Pro Skill Badges" in the future? 

Exams.JPG

Furthermore, I have to say that an email about the Badge Retirement would have been nice because I have just studied some hours for the Confluence Pro Skills Badge. Actually before posting here, I was on my way to schedule the Confluence Pro Skills Badge-exam and now saw that it is not available anymore. 

The Sample Questions however are still available: https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/856034-apb-220-sample-questions

This would have been nice to make a remark on this page about the expiration of that program. 

Like # people like this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2024

Without badges, how can expiring credentials be extended?

Like Andreas Hillebrand likes this
Laura De Vita February 26, 2024

HI ,
we know when new information will be available on how to renew certifications? 

Thanks

Best Regards,

Laura

Kara Lynn Strubberg
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2024

Hi @Luis ! I'm reaching out from the Product Team here at Atlassian. 

We appreciate your request for a unified and portable profile and to be the owner of your Atlassian professional resume.  We understand this has been a painful process for many members in our Community and there is a lot of room for improvement here!

Soon we are kicking off a project for a unified and portable profile that aims to address many of the pain points you described.  While we aren't at a place where we can share expected timelines just yet, do know that a unified profile is something we are actively working on.

Keep an eye out for research opportunities within the Community as we will be seeking feedback as we design the profile experience. 

Like # people like this
Luis March 12, 2024

@Kara Lynn Strubberg improvements come when something is working fine but can be better. The partner program calculation algorithm is not reliable until it is guaranteed that the accreditations are not used inappropriately, which, today, happens.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2024

@Luis - your comment has me curious.  Can you expand on accreditations being used inappropriately?

Denise Lydia Ellis March 12, 2024

@Suzanne Veljanoski Any timeline when we can expect news on what will replace ACE for individuals? What's the best approach for users that were structuring their certification roadmap to working towards ACE but missed the deadline. It's was very short notice and over christmas period when many people are on leave. Should I continue to tread the same roadmap for now or would you recommend a different plan? I note accreditations are partner facing only, and doesn't hold any evidence "marketable" value for individual on linkedin as an example. Ofcourse, day-to-day having the accreditation and knowledge that come out of it is great. But it's not link to certmetrics and I wouldn't know how to move it if I change companies as technically don't have access to it.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2024

@Rob Horan I was approached by a partner at Team '22 asking to put me on their payroll simply to "get credit" for all of the certifications I have already earned.  I believe that is one of the scenarios @Luis is referring to.

Like Luis likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2024

@Jimmy Seddon - now I'm curious as to which partner.

tea.png

Still... I wouldn't want my curiosity to cause a scandal :)

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Luis March 13, 2024

@Jimmy Seddon  the case you mention should be "valid" and should be an employability benefit from your certifications ;) Another thing is the dubious reliability of companies that present your profile in offers and then place apprentices with the client once the contract is obtained. That will continue happening no matter how many efforts Atlassian makes in partner specialization programs. The same with companies that present themselves with N global certificatied individuals but in a country where they appear in the directory they do not have anyone certified.

It is the responsibility of each client to request signed resumes and to ensure in the penalty statements that if the project team is later changed to another, measures will be taken. That would ensure healthy competition over skills and not just over price.

What we are going to in this thread... even if you are in a strange case of being moonlighting with two partners, the accreditations should be moved and not copied between business emails and it should also be that if your account is deactivated or the accreditations moved, the counter on the number of Certified Individuals from that company updated and the partner grade updated too by the algorithm.

@Rob Horan We are professionals and not preschoolers to report on these companies through this channel. This should be done through the Partner Support channel and Atlassian take it seriously.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2024

@Luis - my comment was very much tongue-in-cheek.  I find it surprising that anyone, especially a partner, would make such a proposition.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Leandro Azevedo March 14, 2024

Please, which Badges are available now for extending my ACP-620 Certification?

Sebastian B March 14, 2024

Hi @Suzanne Veljanoski@Kara Lynn Strubberg,

could you please offer some insights into the current state (if you will) of ACP-100 exam, which provides the ACP-JA certification badge? The link below is the official page, from 2021:

https://university.atlassian.com/student/page/837225-acp-100-jira-administration-for-data-center-and-server-exam

I am pursuing a certification that would prove my Jira administration/expertise skills (as someone who is already working with Jira). Here are some questions I have:

1. Would you say that it still makes sense to pass ACP-100 in 2024 or would it be best to take another exam or even wait for further announcements?
  2. I am looking for a more thorough definition of what is expected of me for the ACP-100 exam. Could you share any more official material other than linked here? https://university.atlassian.com/student/page/837225-acp-100-jira-administration-for-data-center-and-server-exam The sample items pdf is quite beneficial, however, considering the main page is from 2021, I am just wondering how updated and simply relevant in 2024 this is.

Thank you,

edit: Since there was no reply whatsoever, I have moved this to a Question https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Training-Certification-questions/ACP-100-up-to-date-info/qaq-p/2647453#M1856

Like # people like this
Tapiwa Samkange March 14, 2024

If the quality of the new ACP 520 Atlassian Organisation Admin Course is anything to go by, then I think there is reason to be optimistic about the upcoming changes. Looking forward to the latest updates on the ACE program's next iteration.

https://university.atlassian.com/student/page/1364454-atlassian-cloud-organization-admin-certification

Like # people like this
jason_heise1 March 27, 2024

ShanazelStar

Jacques April 3, 2024

hey @Suzanne Veljanoski ,

this is all very confusing... Today I received the following mail:

Your Atlassian Certified Jira Project Administrator for Data Center and Server certification will retire on Sep 30, 2024.
We encourage you to upgrade to a Data Center* Certification by earning a Pro Skills Badge.

I can't find anywhere which Pro Skills Badge will upgrade my current certification... there's a lot of pages with similar kind of explanations, but I can't find any page that shows mappings between the retiring certifications and what badge helps to convert them.

Can you please advise on where to find this, or what to do next?

Thanks! 
--- Jacques.

Like # people like this
Suzanne Veljanoski
Atlassian Team
April 10, 2024

@Jacques    Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I will log a case for you and have the team look into any references of proskills badges. We'll be in touch.

Like # people like this
Kensuke Karukomi _軽込 健介_ April 11, 2024

My cert (ACP-100) was suspended on 18th Jan, and will be expired on 18th April. 

Currently, I cannot earn any badges to renew my cert - because of this.
The only option I have is - retaking the ACP-100 exam?

It's absolutely nonsense :-(

Like Marc Koppelaar likes this
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2024

Hi @Suzanne Veljanoski 

I have had the same email as @Jacques regarding this.

Also on different certifications, based on Jira Service Management and Confluence ACP.

I think the comments from @Sebastian B_ and @Andreas Hillebrand refer to the same.

Ree Kent
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2024

@Kensuke Karukomi _軽込 健介_  Hello! Your ACP-100 will not expire until September 30, 2024. We expect to have news about renewals in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience as we develop a new renewal strategy!

Tarieli Gvritishvili
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 21, 2024

Hello, any updates regarding new ACE path?

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
April 22, 2024

@Tarieli Gvritishvili 

We expect to have news about renewals in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience as we develop a new renewal strategy!

Like # people like this
Kate May 6, 2024

I have sent a few messages around the forums from Atlassian staff about attending Atlassian Conferences contributes towards CPE credits (continuing professional education credits)

Can anyone point me to information about how CPE credits work or is this part of the renewals processes that have yet to be announced?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events