Certification Updates: A new Certification, upgrade pathways, and learning experience

diamond-team-assemble.png

New Certification: Introducing Managing Jira Projects for Data Center (ACP-610)

This eagerly-anticipated certification is for everyone managing projects in Jira Data Center or Jira Server. It replaces Project Administration in Jira Server, and matches the structure established with our popular Managing Jira Projects for Cloud certification.

Retiring Certification: Project Administration in Jira Server

Project Administration in Jira Server is being replaced by the new Certification bundle, Managing Jira Projects for Data Center.

You may be in the process of preparing for your ACP-600 exam. Don’t worry:

• The retiring ACP-600 exam will remain available for purchase directly from PSI until 15 November 2021. Log in to the Certification Portal to register.

• The Project Administration in Jira Server course will remain available from Atlassian University, for free but without labs, until 15 November 2021. Enroll here.

The Project Administration in Jira Server Certification will be recognized by Atlassian for another 2.5 years—until 2 February 2024. See below for Atlassian’s upgrade plans for you.

Certification grants and upgrade pathways

If you hold any of these Certifications, we have plans for how you can upgrade to other credentials before they retire in 2024:

• Atlassian Certified Confluence Administrator (ACP-CA)

• Atlassian Certified in Agile Development with Jira Software (ACP-JSW)

• Project Administration for Jira Server (AC-JPA)

Read more about grants and upgrade pathways we’ll be making available.

Atlassian University’s new home

All our Atlassian Certification information has migrated to our new Atlassian University platform, alongside our training courses at university.atlassian.com

Our Certification Portal platform is still the place where you can schedule exams and manage/share your credentials.

11 comments

Comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

Hey @Julia ,

Thanks for the info, interesting read :)

I got one thing that confuses me a bit.

Atlassian Certified Jira Service Desk Administrator (ACP-JSD)

• Exam retirement effective February 2021

• Atlassian will recognize this credential until 2 February 2024

Upgrade and Grant Pathways

• You should keep your Certification active by earning Pro Skills Badges.

• Atlassian will release Managing Jira Service Projects Certification for Cloud in 2021.

right now the ACP-JSD is a Server certificate if I'm not mistaken but this will then be replaced with a Cloud one? I get that some features for JSM (cause we're talking Service Projects here) will not come to DC but does this then mean that there isn't a JSD/JSM certificate anymore for the on premise solution?

Or will this become part of the ACP-610 certificate? 

Since many JSM connections are cloud based I get that there would need to be a dedicated JSM certificate for Cloud but like this is seems that you are almost retiring the JSD/JSM on premise certification completely. 

Or did I not yet have enough coffee to fully grasp the changes :)

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Embriq Admin July 16, 2021

Hi

Thanks for the info :)

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans , we're focusing first on the Cloud credential.  We'll update Community when we have a better idea about the pathway for JSM for on premise customers.

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

Thanks @Julia !

It just sounded like it was a direct replacement. I’ll keep an eye out for future updates then!

Like Ben Thoma likes this
Angela Gleißl July 23, 2021

Thanks @Julia for the update! As a few certifications are retiring currently: Are there any plans for new certifications? I'm especially interested in a new Confluence certification. Are you planning on offering anything on that topic, such as a Confluence Cloud certification?

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2021

Hello @Angela Gleißl , we've just released a platform-agnostic Confluence Space Administration Pro Skills Badge.  Check it out here: https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/850541-apb-220-confluence-space-administration-pro-skills-badge

See above for info on the new Managing Jira Projects for Data Center certification. 

Bob Yang August 24, 2021

Hello @Julia ,

I noticed the acp-610 passing score is TBD in Atlassian University. My question is when I can get the score or know if I passed or failed?

Thanks,

Bob

Julia
Atlassian Team
August 24, 2021

Hi @Bob Yang ,the passing score is 64% and there may be up to 75 questions.

Your score will be provided as soon as you finish the exam.

Let us know of any further questions!

Julia

Bob Yang August 24, 2021

Thanks Julia. It's clear now.

Nathaniel Simpson August 27, 2021

Hi @Julia  in order to make it easier to maintain our certifications (and encourage us to upgrade our skills). Is it possible to make higher-level certifications automatically renew lower level (related) certifications?

E.g. If I hold both ACP-100 and ACP-610, then provided I maintain the ACP100 (through selected skill builders for extending  ACP-100) then the certification for acp-610 will automatically renew.

similarly

If I hold both ACP-120 and ACP-620, then provided I maintain the ACP120 (through selected skill builders for extending  ACP-120) then the certification for acp-620 will automatically renew

For the record, i currently do hold ACP-100, ACP-120, ACP-620 and will automatically be granted the ACP-610 when it is released (as I also hold ACP-600 and ACP-300)

Like nadim kiani likes this
Meeloun Education September 12, 2023

For international students' report writing, it is not simply a matter of thorough preparation and copying to pass the test of the report. Report writing takes time. Below is an introduction to the writing methods and precautions to be aware of in report ghostwriting    http://essay.lxws.net .

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events