Certification Exams via PSI (Online Exams)

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would share some insights on how to prepare for the Atlassian Online Proctored Exams via PSI.  I have 5+ years of experience as a Jira Sys Admin and I just completed ACP-610, ACP-620 and ACP-420.

Before you start your exam

• Make sure you login 30 minutes prior to the start of the exam.  The sign in process can take a long time and you have to wait for the proctor to review videos and IDs. In my experience it took approximately 20-30 minutes from the time I started the signup process until I got approved to start the exam.  
  • If you don't have the PSI software, you will be asked to install it.  Make sure that you are on a personal laptop.  On my first exam I used my work laptop and there are so many corporate apps running on the background that the PSI software will not allow you to start the exam. 
  • Make sure that you have a clean room and clean desk.  You will have to take a video clip of your room and your desk.  On my first try I had a lot of papers and books and they wouldn't allow me to start the exam until I clean up the desk and room completely.
  • Bring a glass/bottle water and you will be asked to show them that there are no labels anywhere via video.
  • Make sure that you take a bio break before you start.  You are not allowed to leave the room.  

While you are writing the exam

• Don't read out loud the questions.  You will be warned by the proctor.
  • Don't cover your mouth.  You will be warned by the proctor.
  • Ensure that your door is locked.  My kids went inside the room once and they were seen on camera.  The proctor warned me to lock the door and that they leave immediately or they would terminate the exam.

Questions on the exam

• The questions were very similar to the questions in the prep classes from the Atlassian University.  I would spend the extra $50 to review the documentation/videos. 
  • Make sure you eliminate the wrong answers.  The hard ones are the ones that require you to choose the best 2 or 3 options out of 5-6 options.
  • The exams were 3hrs long, but it took me just about 2 hrs and I was able to review the questions that I had flagged.
  • At the end of the exam you will see a breakdown of how you performed on each of the major categories

I hope this info helps and Good Luck.

Fabian

8 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2022

Great article @Fabian Lim!

The couple of items I would add to this:

• Make sure the name your identification matches the name you registered for the exam as (in other words don't use nick names or short forms).
  • Make sure the camera you are using has auto-focus.  I know this sounds weird but I have an older camera I needed to swap out because it had one focus level and my ID wasn't visible when it was held up close.
Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2022

Yes, good point @Jimmy Seddon. I forgot to mention that I started with my driver's license which was not readable with the camera and I had to switch to my passport.

Like # people like this
Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022

Great advice, @Fabian Lim . Thanks to you and @Jimmy Seddon (and Carolyn) for participating in our Certification Success Panel.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Mark Cassman May 16, 2022

@Fabian Lim Thank you for your insight. I have a question regarding: 
"The questions were very similar to the questions in the prep classes from the Atlassian University.  I would spend the extra $50 to review the documentation/videos. "

What Prep Class are you referring to? What additional course can you take for $50?

I am a Partner and am just going through the 1.5 hour course along with studying all of the links in the Exam Topics PDF.

Are you referring to the "Sample Questions" in the Course Description page here?

https://enable.atlassian.com/student/page/890656-acp-420-managing-jira-service-projects-for-cloud?sid_i=0

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2022

Hi @Mark Cassman

I don't believe every certification exam has a prep course yet.  And the one you are referring to is quite new.

I suspect there will be one in the future.  But for now I think you have covered all that is offered.

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2022

Hi @Mark Cassman

The acp-420 is messy since you have to go over the pdf and have random videos. But as @Jimmy Seddon mentioned they are working on it.

The exam questions are very good for practice.

Broder Dominiqueson September 9, 2022

A candidate schedules a test in advance and is monitored by a trained PSI proctor live during their test. Single sign-on and live chat assure a seamless and supported experience. A live proctor is able to handle and report any suspected rule violations. A candidate can take their result on demand.

Your online proctored test is secured in several ways to protect the integrity of the test and the safety of your personal data. PSI uses virtual secure browser technology with enhanced communication security and encryption.

Like Fabian Lim likes this
pankaj.r.dave December 10, 2022

Hi I am Pankaj Dave,

I have scheduled an exam of ACP-120 and did not able to take exam as proctor did not find my registration details are matching with my verification ID. I have few question and would be great if someone can guide me or help me to resolve it.

What if the proctor does not approved my verification ID and ask me to contact Atlassian support.

Would I be able to reschedule the exam again with help of Atlassian support or my payments forfeited?  

I have sent request to support team of Atlassian but since last 5 Hours i am waiting for their reply and not hear back anything from them. do they really help in such instance?

Please help what should be my next course of action for this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Pankaj Dave

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events