Play-SQL-Forms: How to display linked data?

Hi Adrien

On http://www.play-sql.com/forms/you describe the possibility to display records from other tables in the record browser. How does that work? I can't find any documentation about that feature.

Daniel

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Daniel,

You need to go to your spreadsheet and define a column as a foreign key to another table:

• Go to the properties of the column.
  • In the field "Formula", type "=" then select "Lookup a value from another table"
  • Select the target table, the ID and the value to display.
  • Next time you insert the "Record Browser" macro for this spreadsheet, it will automatically add a panel with a link to the other table.

Does that help?

Adrien

Hi Adrien, thanks for the quick response.

Ok, this works. But I hoped, I could do something like this (display the dependent values as a table):

Example

Is this possible or could you implement that? This would be a killer feature, IMHO.

Daniel

Some of it is possible. In the editor, copy the panel that Play SQL has generated. Then you can change the details: The column of origin, the table of destination... In fact you don't need the foreign key on the table, but it easier to let Play SQL generate it the first time you do it. .

If it's a 1-n relationship, the panel is repeated. I don't remember if I went as far as enabling tables. I don't think so. At least you can have one panel per linked record.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

170 views 18 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you