How do you know what color to mark in the Health Monitor?

For example, what if you have an even number of people and 2 vote green and 2 vote yellow. What color do you record?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

It's up to you. The important part is that your team agrees on the color of an attribute. I've seen sessions where one person responds with a red perspective, a couple are green, and everyone else is yellow. The person that believes the attribute should be red might make enough of a case for everyone to reconsider their responses. Or, after much discussion, perhaps reasons why two members responded with 'green' might sway everyone in that direction. I've also observed sessions where the number of responses in each color is recorded and the majority tallies win the color. It matters less about how many people responded with a color at first and more about the discussion that follows – the 'whys' as well as the 'what are we going to do about these results now' conversations.

This widget could not be displayed.
Peter Scobie Atlassian Team Mar 26, 2018

Agree with Christine - I'd go with the colour that you think will result in the most value for your team. I also err on the side of caution so to answer your question - yellow!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Teamwork

The tools we make for teams? We use them every day at Atlassian to get shit done (and it works).

I’m Jess, a Product Marketer for Jira Software Server and Data Center, and now a huge fan of our products. Read on for a 90 day, new-hire perspective on what it’s like to standardize on the Atlassian...

35 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you