Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do members use the team plays?

alison.eyring July 12, 2023

hi. I'm new to this group and interested to learn how members use the team plays? 

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Karl July 13, 2023

Hi Alison. We did a network-play some weeks ago. It was run by an external consultant and actually not an atlassian teamplay, but very similar.

We had a board with post-its, representing the teams/companies our team has to interact with. Our team was represented by a post-it in the middle. We had bands normally used for gift-wrapping in green, yellow and red and used them to represent the connections and their quality to the other post-its or teams/company respectively. Green symbolized 'good', yellow 'fair' and red 'poor'. Sometimes connections were symbolized by two or oven by all three colors, because some connections vary from poor to good in a given period of time, sometimes depending on topics or on individuals.

When the big picture on the board was finished and agreed on, we prioritized the connections. We put important connections with poor quality top of our 'to improve' list. Then we discussed the next steps how to improve connections. Here are some points:

- mindset: always make respect for others your personal priority

- change of perspective can always lead to a better understanding

- try to get to know people you have to interact with better

- set up restrospective meetings to improve workflows and communication

- if neccessary, set up a commonly accepted work-agreemant between individuals and teams

alison.eyring July 19, 2023

thanks Michael! 

0 votes
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 21, 2023

Here is an article I wrote a few years back which may interest you @alison.eyring - My experiences with the Health Monitor play - Atlassian Community

Charbel Jarjour August 22, 2023

Thanks Kat

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events