How to prevent multiple users from editing same cell of PlaySQL spreadsheet simultaneously ?

Parimal Patel April 30, 2014

Hi All,

I have installed PlaySQL spreadsheets plugin in Confluence.

Suddely a question arised to me about the scenario when multiple users are working with same spreadsheet and perhaps they end up with editing the same cell.

When this happens latest changes are considered by the plugin without any notification to the users. Because when the second user changes and tries to save the data, it was already changed by someone else, so the new user should atleast get a warning or operation should fail asking user to reload the data before saving changes.

Currently does the add-on (PlaySQL Spreadsheets/PlaySQL Forms) support any configuration to prevent this somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Parimal

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2014

Hi Parimal,

This doesn't exist in the current version of Play SQL. A solution will be PLAYSQL-57 (Audit Trail) so you can track changes in the same cell of a spreadsheet. I understand your point about showing a warning and you are the first person suggesting this. If this request becomes popular (for example if people still request it after the Audit Trail release), then I'll implement it in the future.

Best regards,

Adrien

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events