Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Teamistry" Season 4 Episode 6...let's discuss! (Last chance to win some swag 😎)

shannyshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2023

teamistry.png

Teamistry explores the chemistry of teams that achieve the impossible through collaboration. This season takes on a docuseries format as we deep dive into Concorde: the world’s only supersonic passenger plane to have taken to the skies. Concorde is a testament to what happens when teams go beyond borders, egos, and politics to make the impossible, possible.

⭐️ LISTEN & SUBSCRIBE

If you haven't already, check out the conversation around episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5then respond to our Episode 6 prompt (last one of the season!) below for a chance to win some Atlassian swag (we'll randomly select a winner from this post the week of March 6). 

🆕 We now also have a special 'Teamistry Player' badge you can earn if you listen to at least one podcast episode & participate in one of these discussions. 

Episode 6, Will Sonic Booms Return to our Skies

Respond to the prompt below in the comments for a chance to win Atlassian swag!

• After listening to the entire untold story of Concorde, what surprised you about the teamwork involved in making an impossible airplane?

Thanks for listening and participating throughout the season - we've loved hearing all your thoughtful reflections. 🙌

55 comments

Comment

Omar Mohamed Fathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2023

I listened to them recently thy are so good , This story is the ultimate story of teamwork!, i would like first to thank all the people who were working on the episodes i really liked them and enjoyed them

what surprised you about the teamwork involved in making an impossible airplane?

the most part I liked is : The Big bird flies

and when the first prototype plane takes to the skies 

and in the part 4 : 

where the plane becomes the best airplane in the sky. But behind the scenes, engineers work frantically to iterate and improve the plane to keep it running safely under intense flying conditions.

this is the best thing ever working in parallels 

also the in the last part 

where talking about teaming ideas, the dynamics of teams and how that is working, how people work together and how they reach a goal. I think after corona and working from home we're losing some of that today and it is becoming more difficult for people to work together in team settings.

Like # people like this
shannyshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2023

Thanks so much @Omar Mohamed Fathi! So happy to hear you enjoyed the season. It's definitely interesting to see how there are always big shifts in the way teamwork gets done (back then with Concorde, today with the pandemic, and I'm sure in the future in ways we can't fully anticipate yet!)

Like Omar Mohamed Fathi likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2023

Another great podcast to end the series! Thanks to everyone involved in producing and delivering this excellent series! 

I think the most surprising thing for me was that it was doing across international lines and by a team made up of different locations, speaking a different language. And this was DECADES ago - not the 2000s. It's such a great reminder that when everyone on the team is onboard, when there is a clear goal for everyone involved, and there's incentive to accomplish something really difficult, teams can accomplish just about anything. 

Like # people like this
shannyshan
Atlassian Team
February 27, 2023

Thanks so much @John Funk! Always appreciate your thoughtful responses 🙏🏼 Such a good reminder that great teamwork can overcome many, many obstacles.

Like John Funk likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2023

I echo the comments of those before me, this podcast series was not just enlightening but amazingly produced and pulled together.

The most surprising element of their success was the ability to be as precise as they needed to be in a time before automated computation was readily available. Listening to an early episode where the descriptions by the engineers about the measurements in imperial and metric systems being converted back and forth was a microcosm of the precision needed to pull off such a great feat. Couple that with an actual linguistic divide and it multiplies the amazement. 

I loved hearing the voices of those that worked on the project and their passion and emotion decades after their contributions and participation made me jealous. I need to find something as impactful to be a part of to capture that same feeling.

Like # people like this
shannyshan
Atlassian Team
February 27, 2023

Thanks @Andy Gladstone 😊 Totally agree that it's wild how much was done without the advanced technology we rely on today (and agree that we would all be lucky to work on something as impactful as Concorde!)

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2023

Reflecting on the Concorde project, I am reminded of the incredible power of teamwork. The success of this project was made possible by individuals who were willing to put aside their egos, political differences, and national borders to achieve something truly extraordinary.

Like # people like this
shannyshan
Atlassian Team
February 27, 2023

So true! Thanks for listening and responding @Ajay _view26_ 😊

Shivam Desai February 24, 2023

What an episode to end up with. It's really very encouraging to showcase the capabilities of a team.

Whatever the complexity is, a team that is equally united can achieve that smoothly and precisely.

Once again thank you very much for bringing this up and sharing it with the community.

Like # people like this
shannyshan
Atlassian Team
February 27, 2023

Totally agree! Teams can do incredible things. Thanks for listening and participating @Shivam Desai !

Like Shivam Desai likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2023

I feel like I'll just be echoing the comments above, but the story of Concorde really was perfect for Teamistry. It showcased how teams with the right focus and commitment can work together to achieve something that seems impossible. Like John mentioned above, it's really wild to me to think that this happened in the 2000s. Language barriers are much less of a barrier with the technology we have now, but 20+ years ago, things were a bit different!

This was such a great story and I'm so glad I stumbled on the podcast thanks to the Kudos program! 

Like # people like this
shannyshan
Atlassian Team
February 27, 2023

Absolutely!! Thanks so much for being such an avid participant in these discussions, @Amanda Barber - we've loved it! 

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Tosha Liveoak February 24, 2023

Teamwork!  My favorite part was the prototype plane.  How the story told the teamwork behind the scenes working diligently to make improvements due to the flying conditions.  Subscribed to the podcast!  Thank you, Atlassian!

Like # people like this
shannyshan
Atlassian Team
February 27, 2023

Thank YOU, @Tosha Liveoak ! Appreciate you listening and responding. 

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2023

It is sad to hear that this is the last part of this great podcast... I really enjoyed listening to it!

Overall I am surprised that Concorde came to an end overall and after so many years, having a lot better technologies and resources we are no longer able to make a similar project.

It is like human landing on the moon - ~60 years ago someone wanted to achieve something to show that it is possible. That required huge effort and teamwork. Sadly nobody want to do it again, but it showed that when humans want to achieve something.. no matter if this is small or big thing like building a impossible plane everything is possible and history is giving to us many that kind of teamwork examples.

Individuals probably would not be able to do or make many things but together we are able to! This podcast was also made thanks to many people and I think that it is a inspiration for everyone to always believe that things are possible.

A job well done! Thank you.

Like # people like this
shannyshan
Atlassian Team
March 1, 2023

So glad you enjoyed it, @Mirek! We're also sad this season is over - it was a fun one! Thank so much for your thoughtful participation over the weeks. 

Like Mirek likes this
shannyshan
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2023

@Mirek exciting news: you're our final swag winner of the season! Reach out to me at swinter@atlassian.com so I can send over your swag code :) 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2023

Congrats @Mirek !!

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2023

Wow! That is a nice surprise! Thank you @shannyshan and @John Funk !

Like John Funk likes this
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2023

While episode 5 was kathartic (got my feelings out), ep 6 centered me with an honest discussion of what would be next. I was briefly angry at the fact that economics eventually won over innovation but at the same time optimistic about the fact that imperfect human beings can come together across various demographics to produce something that benefits us all. That's really the value add for our civilization right? It was encouraging to know and see that we even made it this far. I'm learning that pushing the envelope far beyond a couple of levels of innovation requires an immense amount of trust and risk, and ongoing support - factors that prevent awesome ideas from seeing the light of day in many organizations. These moonshot projects (at first) broke sound ground and in my opinion reminded us as humans that we can do some pretty awesome things.

On financial paper, the Concorde was not overall profitable and not a viable business. But the benefits (that are hard to quantify into numbers) are outstanding: 

• Different team members across different countries came together to produce a single, cohesive product that was far beyond the next best thing.
  • Reinforced the idea that ideas can come from anywhere/anyone. 
  • Reinforced the idea that sometimes the best innovations are born from limitations.
  • Helped optimize the aviation industry as a whole (Airbus implemented a # of Concorde innovations into its aircraft).

Like blazing a new trail, someone has to go in and whack out all the weeds and improve the visibility of the horizon ahead. Once someone goes through that initially, more people feel empowered to try, and what was once impossible becomes a little less impossible, until it becomes a new possible reality. Wow.

Ironically, I did happen to be in DC for Atlassian's Government Partner Summit, and it coincided with me finishing this season. So I made an effort to check out the air and space museum again to see this beauty. When I last saw this 3 years ago I was like - wow, what a sound-breaking piece of technical innovation. Now I see it, and I'm like, wow, what a ground-breaking piece of collaborative innovation. I have a greater appreciation for this aircraft because now with the design, the tiny windows (yes I looked closely they are really tiny), the cockpit, and everything in between - it's not just nuts and bolts and screws holding it all together, it's the sweat equity of people across countries that came together to produce this.

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow

IMG_6891 (1).jpgIMG_6900 (1).jpg

Like # people like this
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2023

Also, when is Atlassian going to produce movies and TV shows about Teamistry! I feel like we're not far away (much closer now after this season).

shannyshan
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2023

Love all of this!! Thank you @Sam Nadarajan! Such thoughtful reflections and wonderful pictures. So awesome you got to visit the air & space museum so shortly after finishing the season. 

Hitesh March 9, 2023

it looks good

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2023

This was such a great episode and a great season! I'm sad to see it end! Thanks to everyone who was part of it and produced it! I learned so much from this season! Teamwork means everything! It is obvious that without teamwork the Concorde would have never existed. I bet there are tons of products out there that would not have been possible without teamwork; probably all the ones we use everyday! Atlassian is a good example of this. None of these products we use, nor this community would exist without teamwork. Heck, this podcast probably would not have been created without teamwork! 

Like # people like this
shannyshan
Atlassian Team
March 8, 2023

Thanks so much!! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed it. And you're so right - producing a podcast is also impossible without great teamwork!

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Leo Hernandez March 3, 2023

first time listener and commenter.

growing up, the concorde was a marvel of aeronautics engineering. i told myself, once i was wealthy enough, i would purchase a first class ticket and fly from JFK to CDG. unfortunately, the plane didn't live for as long as my dream has. but i'd still like to experience supersonic flight some day. dreams do come true.

thanks for a wonderful season! cheers!

Like # people like this
shannyshan
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2023

Yay thanks for listening and contributing @Leo Hernandez ! That would have been such a cool bucket list item to check off (but agree, the dream could still definitely come true!) 

Like Leo Hernandez likes this
Barnali Putatunda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2023

looking forward to the next episode

Like # people like this
shannyshan
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2023

This was sadly the last episode of this season, but hopefully we will be back for Season 5 of Teamistry down the road 😊

Fede Baronti -Deiser-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2023

This was a really good episode to end the season. I'll be looking forward to the next season. 

Like shannyshan likes this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2023

All good things come to an end.  Tragically, the timing of the crash and 9/11 didn't help Concorde.  Will be interesting to see if the Next Gen Supersonic becomes a reality.

Like shannyshan likes this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2023

Really another good episode, 

People have proved that team work can achieve any thing, even though there are hudles like people from different countries, with different languages, with different technologies, different cultures but the goal is one i.e. "SUCCESS". 

Vikram P 

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Hitesh March 9, 2023

Really good thought

Like Sébastien GAYOU likes this
Guruprasad Shenoy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2023

This was a pretty strong season-ending episode. I'm excited about the upcoming season.

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2023

That was awesome. Another good episode. Looking forward to the next season :)

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Houssein Barkallah March 10, 2023

I love to hear about how everyone can use the same tools to create different results. 
Super cool hearing about it, can't wait for the next season. gg wp

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2023

I need to catch up with the episodes I've missed.

Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2023

superb Episode :)

Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2023

Bitter sweet, great episode nonetheless, a real shame regarding Concorde but hopefully we'll see future developments in supersonic travel. 

Casper Hjorth Christensen March 14, 2023

from what i can gather, i've missed something good here.

Guess i will have to listen to the whole series now xD

Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2023

What a great story! I'll definitely will check out the other episodes, too!

Greetings

Chris

Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2023

Good!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events