Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

"Teamistry" Season 4 Episode 3...let's discuss for a chance to win swag!

shannyshan Atlassian Team Jan 06, 2023

teamistry (1).png

Teamistry explores the chemistry of teams that achieve the impossible through collaboration. This season takes on a docuseries format as we deep dive into Concorde: the world’s only supersonic passenger plane to have taken to the skies. Concorde is a testament to what happens when teams go beyond borders, egos, and politics to make the impossible, possible.

⭐️ LISTEN & SUBSCRIBE

If you haven't already, check out the conversation around Episode 1 & Episode 2, then respond to our Episode 3 prompts for a chance to win some Atlassian swag 😎 (we'll randomly select a winner from this post the week of Jan 16). 

Episode 3, The Big Bird Flies! prompts: 

Respond to at least one prompt in the comments for a chance to win Atlassian swag!

• In this episode, we learn more about how the teams in the U.K. and France strived for excellence together: This was an example of each side being willing to admit when they were wrong or if the other side had simply come up with a better plan. John Britton is clear that on their own each side could not have accomplished what they did together. What do you think about this culture of healthy competition in the name of getting to the best end product? Have you encountered a similar paradigm at work?
  • This episode also dives into some major external pressures/threats (political, environmental, etc.) the teams were facing. Have you ever worked on a project that was affected by macro pressures/threats? How did you handle it?

Thanks for listening and participating. 🙌

5 comments

I anderestande it is fine

I found it interesting how the British team adapted once Dudley proposed the changes to overcome the wind resistance even though they had already prepared some of the pieces. Interesting quote about how "the right side won." I think this is good to keep in mind and is goes back to breaking down communication barriers within (and across) teams. One part of good communication is being open to others' ideas. In this case, if the British had just ignored Dudley's ideas and weren't open to another idea being "correct," then this change might not have made its way into production.

I found the last portion of this episode interesting - thinking about how much changed throughout the lifecycle of the Concorde. I think this is similar to my workplace. When we go through and groom our tickets, sometimes I'm amazed by what has changed in just a few short months. Thankfully, we're rather agile and able to adapt quickly to changes. We're fortunate to not have political and environmental factors changing our "course."

Like # people like this
shannyshan Atlassian Team Jan 17, 2023

Great points!! And love that you pulled out the "the right side won" quote - such a good reminder of seeing the bigger picture and getting to the best outcome for customers rather than the best outcome for yourself. 

Like # people like this

@Amanda Barber Good news! You're our winner this month 🥳 Reach out to me at swinter@atlassian.com to receive your code for our merch store

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk Community Leader Jan 17, 2023

Nice job @Amanda Barber !! Enjoy the merch!!

Like Amanda Barber likes this

Yay! Thanks, Shannyshan and John!

John Funk Community Leader Jan 11, 2023

I think there almost always ends up being some type of external stress when you experience success - for whatever reason. So it's not surprising that you end up with outside forces wanting to control things and have it their way to get some type of gain out of it. And when things go poorly, those are the first to desert and run. Yes, I have definitely seen that, and am better prepared for each time it comes along. It's quite shocking the first time it happens though. 

Now on to more cheery stuff.  :-)

I think healthy competition done in a fun way is a great way to go. Always keep the camaraderie in the midst of that, knowing that next time, the opposition might be your teammates.  :-)  Competition tends to dive people forward when done in the correct manner. At the end of the day, shake hands and may the best man or woman win!

Like # people like this

+1 @John Funk! Especially like this tip: 

Always keep the camaraderie in the midst of that, knowing that next time, the opposition might be your teammates.  :-)

Like # people like this
Saralie S_ Community Manager Jan 31, 2023

love!

Interesting podcast!

Comment

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events