[poll] Teamwork Lab message/post feedback wanted

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2021

The Teamwork Lab has been around for three months now (woot woot)! We've been sharing our own practices with each other and testing different types of ways to engage with each other. 

penguins-teamwork.gif

As we often say to each other, it's time to check-in and survey how we're doing. Please reply to this question via a discussion comment:

What is your favorite type of post in the Teamwork Lab (and if you have time, why)? 

• AMAs - written
  • AMAs - live and recorded video format
  • Dear Work Therapist Q&A
  • Fortnightly hacks & gripes
  • Questions about best practices
  • Mid-week slump posts (just for fun)
  • Insights from the Work Life blog
  • Other - suggest something

13 comments

Comment

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2021

Thanks @Christine P_ Dela Rosa  for this post and seeking our opinion.

I have many favourites here, such as - Dear Work Therapist Q&A, Questions about best practices, AMAs, Mid-week slump posts (just for fun) and Fortnightly hacks & gripes.

But, if I have choose one favourite then it would be definitely - Dear Work Therapist Q&A.

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2021

Thanks for basically saying everything in this groups is awesome, @Suvradip Paul , hahaha.

Like # people like this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2021

Hi @Christine P_ Dela Rosa 

My favorite/least favorite is "Dear Work Therapist Q&A":

• like: there are some ideas which help me think about my teams' interactions, and offer community perspectives demonstrating vulnerability and openness to change
  • dislike: some of the ideas seem presented as click-bait or for authors to earn "kudos", and not genuine questions/concerns

What I would like to see more of: people sharing ideas they have tried, which worked or didn't, why they tried it, and what they learned.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2021

I feel that double edge sword of the Dear Work Therapist posts. Really good feedback, @Bill Sheboy !

Maybe there's a way to templatize or standardize the message to improve quality. Or, maybe we don't include those posts for kudos or contest points to de-incentivize poor-quality posts. Holler if you have another suggestion!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

For me?

1. Questions about best practices - always be improvin' - a big part of why we're here is to help others on Community, yet we're also helping ourselves as we learn from our peers!
  2. Dear Work Therapist Q&A - ditto the feedback from #1
  3. AMAs - written - these are interesting to me since I know or have interacted with the AMA participants. Obviously this type of content might not be that interesting to other folks...
Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2021

Yep, I was asking what was interesting for folks personally so your notes are exactly what I was looking for, @Dave Liao :)

And yeah, Q&A about best practices are the bread and butter of this group. In theory. We just need a way to prompt that kind of share-out if it's not coming naturally...

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

@Christine P_ Dela Rosa - gotcha!

Yeah, definitely don't count my vote for more AMAs (but count my vote towards other content). 😆

Like Christine P_ Dela Rosa likes this
Sedera Randria
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2021

Really interesting to have different formats. Sometimes I just want to explore different flavors.

What I find useful: to have some sort of recap, to point out valuable contributions.

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2021

Ooh, like a "best of" roundup? Ingenious!

What if at the end of every quarter we get this group to nominate the best snippets of content in an "ask a question" format. That would help raise the best of the best to the top. Plus, the author featured in the nomination with the most upvotes gets some kind of honor. That would reward quality over engagement, to speak to the point from @Bill Sheboy and @Dave Liao

Eh? What do you think, @Sedera Randria?

Like # people like this
Sedera Randria
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2021

This is probably how most KBs should be managed :-)

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2021

Hmmm...I see Knowledge Bases (KBs) as more of a library, with the complete list of ideas/issues/features, and taggable/searchable. 

The idea @Sedera Randria is suggesting seems more like what I have seen from communities of practices (CoP), where the most-recent and of-interest topics percolate to the top automagically to help people who could not always gather when the CoP discussed them.

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2021

I actually did not interpret KBs as Knowledge Bases lol. Thanks for posting that comment.

In my head, we nominate content for a 'best of' in lieu of not having automation for this yet (e.g. "most-popular-and-engaged content that rises to the top).

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2021

I like the Dear Work therapist Q&A. 
They are (often) funny, thought provoking and always informative into the way others perceive and or struggle with....this thing called work.

Like # people like this
Margareta Buruian October 20, 2021

Personally I like the written AMAs given that they are delivered by the Atlassian team and are usually super in-depth and queries around best practices as it is always nice to see other perspectives. 

I would be interested in something that collated data to questions as well such as short surveys or polls to get an overall feel for how people are operating and then maybe there could be a thread to follow up on the results or somesuch 

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2021

Just to make sure I'm picking up what you're putting down, @Margareta Buruian, are you suggesting data collecting on each piece of content/post or periodic polls/data collection like this one...except more formal? Or option c) something else?

Margareta Buruian October 21, 2021

Hi @Christine P_ Dela Rosa I was thinking something like, here are a list of potential topics to be answered by experts let's vote on them in a traditional format (select a/b etc) and have the content agreed on that way. 

This idea is only for the more formal pieces, I like the free form nature of the rest! 

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
October 21, 2021

Got it, thanks for the clarification, @Margareta Buruian !

Anita Kalmane
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2021

Dear Work Therapist Q&A!

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2021

Wow @Christine P_ Dela Rosa  glad to see - 'Dear Work Therapist Q&A' is leading the show.

I think the main reason behind is people are engaged and they can relate to the post, contribute and the take the best out of it!

I have posted earlier and I would strongly recommend to carry this going forward.

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 24, 2021

Below one's are my favorite posts in Teamwork Lab group -

• Dear Work Therapist Q&A
  • Fortnightly hacks & gripes

It gives some valuable insights from others experiences and useful how-to's.

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2021

I can‘t decide for a favourite, because it depends on the content how I would like to get it „presented“. 

Fun is always a good thing and I would go for AMA written and Dear work therapist. 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2021

Keeping content fun as well as important does make it a lot more digestible!

While I do read a lot of Bloomberg, I try to balance it with lots of "snack-y" content. 🍪

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2021

I love snack-y 😂👏

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2021

Don't count me but I really enjoy 

• Mid-week slump posts (just for fun) 

And so do my colleagues when I can bring new pics in random channel 🥳

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
October 28, 2021

Of course we're going to count your opinion, @Fabienne Gerhard ! The members + their opinions are what make this group.

Glad you like those mid-week slump posts. I wasn't sure if people looked at them based on the number of engagements. Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2021

Dear work therapist and best practices.

I like to read different opinions from the community about different topics.

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
November 4, 2021

To your last point, I'm looking to see how we can share our own best practices more. If anyone has ideas on how to inspire this activity, holler!

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2021

"Dear Work Therapist Q&A" - I like to read about other people's experiences in the team & questions related to teamwork topics.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events