Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What “async” tactics or tools will you try with your team this year?

Viewing page 5 of 6

126 comments

Comment

Cristina Grametti
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 10, 2023

We are starting to study Atlas trying to think about how it can apply to our work and how it interacts with Jira and Confluence, which we already use. We're starting now and we're really excited and impressed! Well done!

Heather Crichfield
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 13, 2023

Our company is overcoming hurdles of traditional methods of project management and communication. We have been wanting to solve for how tedious and ineffective email is for communicating with stake-holders and team members, but also with clients. Asynchronous tactics for team meetings, like the pre-meeting outline and post-meeting follow ups are excellent solutions for us.  Similarly, using whiteboards in an asynchronous way (and with Atlassian's prompts!) helps our agility and reduces burn-out.  As a young company, we have a lot to solve for and decisions to make while also delivering our prodcut. This has been overwhelming for the team.  Giving everyone the space to absorb discussion points, develop their own thoughts on them and then discuss them together, will reduce workday stress levels and produce better quality contributions.

Can Kohen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 16, 2023

We would like to implement the pre-work and async ideation tactics using confluence whiteboarding and Slack. Our company culture is automatically leaning toward meetings, but I believe the meetings that take place are not always impactful. I believe that implementing these tactics would increase productivity in the shortest term, while not greatly changing the culture. 

Daniela Chiricioaia November 18, 2023

Tolls used for async communication:

* Teams

* Confluence / Miro

Alejandro Aleman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 18, 2023

We do use Jira and Confluence already, yet we are in need of something perhaps simplified.

We do require asyncronous daily standups, so that we are all on sync; doing it on jira or confluence seems an overkill for our teams (page-load, edit, publish, etc).

We've been so far doing it outside of Atlassian's ecosystem with https://www.standupalice.com/ in our google chat and it works fine, the downside is that there is no way to directly put it somewhere on confluence for example.

One added value of that standup alice provides, is the remainder itself; it just pops every day in the morning (timezone and business day aware) to ask questions and push them to a common chat.

Tried checking if Atlas would do that but it doesn't.

noreen.magsumbol November 20, 2023

I would be implementing Pre-work before meetings so we can focus on critical issues during meetings and I would try the Slack check-ins instead of rweekly face to face check-ins to free time for other tasks.

Vika Khodichenko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 6, 2023

Thank you for the course. 
I am thinking about adding Atlas to solve report problems in our company. 
Alsoasync prework - golden advise. Will include it in our processes

Katherine Gross
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 11, 2023

This was a great course! I will mention to my team the Daci tool that helps with the framework to outline and align decisions and Atlas tool that provides transparency of projects at a higher status to reduce meetings.  

Paulina Schneider January 3, 2024

Atlas and Confluence pages in combination with pre work to make customer status meetings more effective.

Bianca Starr January 14, 2024

My new company is still new to having someone in a very different timezone (i.e.: they're US East based and I'm in Australia) and they've recently brought in Atlas to help us keep track of our project work and async communication. I'm already starting to use it and getting weekly high level updates on how projects I am working on are going is very handy. 

Another I didn't think about until I did the course is short recordings to provide context. I'm going to start using Loom to see if it helps in providing context/presenting issues or ideas to my folks in the past (US and EMEA) for them to respond to me during my off hours.

Lisa-Marie Clef
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 23, 2024

Thank you for providing this highly informative and interesting course for free!

I am looking forward to switch from Zoom Meetings to short and efficient text messages for updates regarding different work steps.

Moreover, I really liked the idea of filming a short video to introduce team members and stakeholders to the different documents.

martin_walter January 24, 2024

I will introduce Atlas Projects and Goals as a way for IT management to keep track of the bigger picture and all ongoing projects within the department. Currently our teams deal with their workloads isolated from each other and it is close to impossible for us trying to support them where our efforts are needed the most.

Erin Van Note Moore
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 31, 2024

My client was looking for something exactly like Atlas with a team project up at high level to report on it health. 
I also think work management will help with status updates to reserve meeting time for more team bonding and collaboration.

EPoretti
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 2, 2024

Hello! Utilizing agile methodologies and tools such as Jira and Confluence is an excellent way to manage teams that are geographically distributed. Here, I describe two asynchronous work techniques particularly valuable for remote teams:

1. Clear and Accessible Documentation in Confluence

The first essential tactic is to maintain detailed and accessible documentation of all relevant projects, processes, and team knowledge. Confluence facilitates this practice by allowing teams to create collaborative workspaces where they can store, share, and update documentation in real time. Making this information readily available is crucial for asynchronous work, allowing team members to access it at any time. This includes quick start guides, project specifications, meeting minutes, and more. The key is to keep the documentation up to date and ensure it's organized intuitively for quick access.

1. Task and Workflow Management in Jira

The second tactic involves using Jira for efficient task and workflow management. Jira allows distributed teams to organize their work on Kanban or Scrum boards, making it easier to visualize the progress of tasks and projects. The value of Jira lies in its flexibility to adapt to different agile methodologies and its capability to customize workflows according to the specific needs of the team. Team members can update the status of their tasks, add comments, and share updates, all in real time but asynchronously, allowing everyone to work on their schedules without losing sync with the team. Implementing automation rules for notifications and task status transitions can also enhance efficiency and reduce the need for synchronous communication.

Both techniques, effective documentation in Confluence and task management in Jira, are fundamental for the success of distributed teams, as they promote autonomy, transparency, and effective collaboration without the need to be connected at the same time. This not only improves productivity but also contributes to greater team satisfaction by respecting different time zones and work styles.

Jacques Pieters
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 5, 2024

Firstly, I would like to say these work management tools are exactly what is required when working across different time zones. The presentation material was effective and objectives clearly communicated. I will look to promote the Atlas tool to the team to reduce surplus meetings requirements and allow us to focus on what's critical path for project progression. I will look towards using the async pre-work ideation process to streamline and improve efficiency during our sync meetings.

Davy Faassen February 7, 2024

Happy to see the opportunity Jira Atlas brings to replace status meetings, so that one will certainly be something to give it a go. Furthermore looking forward to the Confluence Whiteboard feature to use in ideation phases or for holding retrospectives.

Cameron
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 7, 2024

I am excited to starting using Atlas with the features to stay async with team members and get comments and feedback on projects in a more efficient way. For example, working with members that are in different time zones and integrate different ideas in a format that is easily accessible for everyone on board. This benefits time management for the team involved, being able work proactively on their own schedule. The system will avoid burning time in meetings that could be used more effectively to complete the tasks at hand. I am most looking forward to utilizing the white board and confluence to stay up to date on tasks and workflow and get good feedback and notes on progress.

Adam Herbert
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 10, 2024

The two async tactics I plan to use are:

1. Recording meeting content in advance using MS Teams and sending to participants to watch. This will be accompanied by agenda/key outcomes desired using Confluence.

2.. Status updates on projects to be updated by team members in our project management software. This will allow us to eliminate a "standup" meeting occurring three times per week.

Scott Graham
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 12, 2024

Working with artist, musicians, developers and others on AI tools for business, we are working from Tampa, France, and Central Europe.  We all have other work that we are doing so we will be adapting async tools of ideation creation through to software exectution almost exclusivly using the Atlassian suite.  

We aim to reduce, eliminate or improve our meetins so that we are maximizing our time to think about our project and maximize the amount of contemplation about our solutions to the identified problems.  

Also, we plan to use templates and workflows to keep our processes within the Accountability chain for maximium alignment, transparency, respect for others while we pursue relentless improvement on how we collaborate.

Afusat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 21, 2024

Two async tactics or tools i would like to use this year will be Video Recording using Confluence and loom. This could be an great way for us to determine if a meeting is needed or not and also serve as an effective and efficient use of time if it is.

Thet Aung
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 5, 2024

I intend to use confluence for project initiations:- brain storming of ideas, ranking and deciding which ideas will be used and planning of the project such as what are the deliverables, deadline and who will be doing what. I will use Atlas for tracking the summary status of the project, whether is it progressing well or otherwise, bottle necks and risks.

Distributed team with async tools is going to be future working environment. This whole package will  provide equal opportunity, fair distribution of wealth and breaking the geographic boundaries. Eventually we all will be global citizen.

Andrew Tenney
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2024

The Async Collaboration for Distributed Teams course at the Atlassian University is a must for new starters. Especially loved the way they proposed to do async status reports and the async-prework for sync meetings. I you haven't already suggest you check it out at the Atlassian University

Mr Travis Kerslake
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 23, 2024

Jira and Confluence

Kekke Hyvämäki
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 27, 2024

I'd love to increase the use of video for async collaboration as presented in the course. It's a quick and effective way to visually show stuff to team members. And it's efficient to add collaboration tools like Confluence to it.

A second way for me would be to use meeting pre-work to add the possibility of planning and collaborating on the agenda with upcoming meetings. An individual working with the agenda adds plenty of wisdom to the table and it's possible to continue working together in a sync meeting.

Bill Jovcevski May 1, 2024

This year, we're looking into implementing asynchronous communication tools like Slack and project management platforms such as Trello to enhance collaboration and productivity within our team.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events