cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upvoting in Teamwork Lab

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

Dear Group members,

Don't we have upvoting feature in Teamwork Lab group? eg: If I like an answer to a question and want to upvote it, i am unable to do so in this group. Is this just only me or everyone else ? 

6 comments

Comment

Mateusz Goralczyk July 30, 2021

I cannot see a feature like this neither @Kishan Sharma :(

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

I am editing my response @Kishan Sharma .

I think the upvoting feature is available for responses if the original post is  question and responses posted to it.

The current one is a discussion and not a question so it's not there.

I presume you can check with other posts in this Teamwork Lab group and  confirm the same.

Cheers

Suvradip

Like Chrissy Clements likes this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

Thank you @Suvradip Paul for taking a look. This was one of my question, earlier I couldn't see the Votes button, but i can see it now ;) do you believe in magic ?

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

Glad to hear @Kishan Sharma it's working now. I checked while I posted my last response and it was fine so it might have been already sorted.

Cheers

Suvradip

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2021

In your question in teamwork lab group, I can upvote

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Teamwork-Lab/Dear-Work-Therapist-How-do-you-beat-poor-employee-morale/qaq-p/1761151

most other threads are discussions, the you cannot upvote answers

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2021

Thank you @Alexander Pappert I just replied Suvradip about it, I raised this here because I couldn't see votes button on my question earlier, but now i can see it, seems like someone has a magic wand :-)

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2021

Haven't looked into the specifics of your linked thread, but just wanted to throw in some background and a case we see from time to time.

1. Questions have upvotes, discussions are threaded. This has been mentioned, but it's also worth calling out that you can't like answers (only upvote). Comments on questions can be liked. Everything in discussions can be liked. The most upvoted answers on questions will float up, whereas discussion threads don't move up/down.

Occasionally someone will ask a question using the discussion post type; in this case, Community Leaders or Atlassian Team members might move the post over to be a question instead so that an answer can be accepted.

2. Very, very rarely, we'll be deploying changes to the Community site when a question is loaded. During the short period where the deploy is happening, you might get some javascript that's out of sync with the backend of the site. Doing a hard refresh (or deleting your browser's cache) will generally solve this.
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2021

Thank you @Daniel Eads for the background. Seems like for me it was a cache issue for one of my question that i asked.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

Same thing here, but I think it's because they are discussions, and not questions.

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2021

It doesn't appear to me either, I'm in the same situation

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2021

As commented by Daniel earlier, doing hard refresh helped in my case. May be you can try the same and see if that works for you.

Like Vero Rivas likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events