Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIPS & LESSONS FOR 2022: Requirements and Processes Good Information = Good Project Design

Carla Ann Rowland
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

As a SME and developer customizing JIRA on a daily basis a good understanding of the processes of team I am creating the project for is so very exponentially important. It is amazing how teams just do and do not have a process in place.

How do you counter act that and help them create it. Keep it simple. Some are covered below, I sure there are more:

• start with a bullet point list of their manual steps to get from step A to final step Z
  • review it a few times with them and make sure the following gets answered:
    • are all the incoming points into the processes documented?
    • are all the outputs covered
    • are there points that require special permissions before proceeding? If yes then from who
    • how long does the average processing take as in this current processes?
  • Who is the audience of the report and what needs to be tracked

This clear process will help you convert it into a JIRA workflow and communicate with your customer how the tool can help them processes their work better.

I wanted to share this insight and get feedback from our groups because we all can learn from one another.

What else do you ask?

1 comment

Comment

Christine P. Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2022

Processes are very much a part of requirements that go into inputs. It's often overlooked! Because when implementing something new, if you don't take into account what's already in place, what you add may be redundant to what's in place OR perhaps the other things already in place should be re-evaluated.

One thing I'd add to your list is whether there are other systems or tooling that collect similar information.

Like Rose Eliff likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events