TIPS & LESSONS FOR 2022: Check-in on each other

Nigel Budd January 14, 2022

It's the teams responsibility to make sure everyone else in the team is okay, encourage the whole team to check-in on each other occasionally, let's bring back those water-cooler moments.

4 comments

Comment

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 14, 2022

Totally agree!

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2022

While I'm not sure it's all on the team to make sure folks are okay, I do think it's on teams to check-in with each other. Yes, from a human perspective it's the right thing to do, but also, from a collaboration perspective, it's important to have context on how each other's doing. That understanding will only help relationships, and because of that, help communication and workload and even mood.

Nigel Budd January 17, 2022

Hey Christine, I totally agree it's not all on the team, but it can't all be on the manager, team leam, Scrum Master either. :-)

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2022

Hi @Nigel Budd 

Right, it's like the musketeers

"All for one and one for all"

Cheers

Like Nigel Budd likes this
Belto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2022

"What's gonna work?...Team work!"

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events