Submit a question for Work Futurist, Dr. Dom

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2021

Dr. Dom is holding office hours with the Teamwork Lab group. 

Geographic dates/times below:

• August 12 at 4 pm-5 pm PT
  • August 12 at 7 pm-8 pm EST
  • August 13 at 9 am AEST
  • August 13 at 4:30 am - 5:30 am IST

He will share his wisdom with those interested in improving the way their teams work.

During Office Hours, Dr. Dom will be answering your questions. Questions like…

• How do you balance deep work with all the noise of individual pings and project updates?
  • Is hybrid even a thing?
  • What are hacks for distributed teams?

If you can't make it or simply want to get your questions in early, please add your question for Dr. Dom as a comment on this page. Submit as many as you'd like. We'll do our best to get as many of your questions out there as possible.

So comment below!  

...and RSVP here.

Team Office Hours.001.jpeg

8 comments

Comment

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

Dr. Dom, hmmm, I've seen this guy somewhere :-)...

Like # people like this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 30, 2021

I think the same, where that could be... 🤔

Like Christine P_ Dela Rosa likes this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

Ahh, noo, I don't like Doctors  ;)

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2021

What if it were a doctor for work health ;)

Like Bridget likes this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

Is Dom really a doctor though?

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2021

@Matt Doar - that should be our question to Dom. 😅

I know he plays one on TV, I feel like I have a photo of him in a doctor's outfit?

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
August 3, 2021

@Matt Doar Dom is an honorary doctor. Of work health. And sometimes looks like one in promotional material hahaha.

Anita Kalmane
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

@Christine P_ Dela Rosa , I'm trying to figure out which time would be good for those based in Europe (like myself), hence to clarify - is IST the Irish Standard Time or the Indian Standard Time? They both seem to be different time zones.

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 30, 2021

Hi @Anita Kalmane - IST is Indian Standard Time. I'm not sure it's going to be a good time for Europe so far. This event, for example, will be at 1am in Spain and Germany.

But, we'll record it and repost! And if you submit a question here, there's a good chance Dr. Dom will answer it in the event.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2021

Hi @Christine P_ Dela Rosa ,

Thanks for briefing the details and sharing RSVP. Is it scheduled @ 00:00 in BST?

I have a question as mentioned below -

How are we going exchange synergies in distributed team based on different time zone? What are the best practices to follow and improve in future?

Thanks.

Cheers

Suvradip

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 30, 2021

Hi @Suvradip Paul - that's correct, that is @ 00:00 in BST.

And thank you for your question submission! I'll add it to the list!

Like Suvradip Paul likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2021

Thanks @Christine P_ Dela Rosa . 

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Suvradip

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2021

I pretty much have down what I think works well for my development groups. I'm most interested in insights into how to improve the way other teams work such as HR, marketing, Etc.. We certainly use Jira for many different project teams and we get to the basics to do in progress and done concepts. Just looking for ideas on how to think about these other functional groups differently.

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2021

Interesting. So @Jack Brickey, does that mean you're looking for info on how to improve ways of working for HR, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Legal, etc? Or, how development groups might influence the way these other teams work?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2021

Hi Christine, the former. Basically I think that my development teams effectively leverage Jira, Confluence etc. to work better together. However, my HR team and other teams really don't use it for much more than a to-do list. Some teams do an effective job of managing projects that have a beginning and an end. I just have to wonder if there's experience out there of things that might make non-dev teams work better together.

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2021

Got it, and adding it to the list. Thanks for clarifying, @Jack Brickey !

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2021

@Christine P_ Dela Rosa - here's my question for work therapist @Dominic Price ! 👨‍⚕️

Dear Work Therapist:

Management often asks me to drive productivity improvements for teams or departments. While delegated authority lowers the resistance of those I'm trying to help, I'd rather encourage change collaboratively.

How do you grease a guerilla campaign to galvanize groovy habits?

p.s. And since you can't just have one "Dear Work Therapist" post, here's a bonus submission!

What tactics have you found helpful to set boundaries between work and home?

Disclaimer: This post may be inspired from personal experience or my imagination. But I won't admit it.

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
August 1, 2021

Whether your questions were inspired by you or not, I can certainly relate to both. Adding to the list. Thank you, @Dave Liao !

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2021

On the similar note which i posted earlier, i'll ask - How do we make sure employees feel valued during the hybrid working.

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
August 2, 2021

Nice, I'm sure Dr. Dom will lots fotday on this @Kishan Sharma

Like Kishan Sharma likes this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
August 3, 2021

Dear Dr. Dom:

What's the most important conversation for people to have with their managers that they aren't having today?

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
August 3, 2021

Important. I like it!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events