Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sincerely, "Can't wait for the next Team Dream Time"

Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 15, 2021

Am I one of the few who have craved creative connection in an increasingly remote working world? But what if I also have a little bit of Zoom burnout, so if I go to a meeting, I need to know it'll be worth it?

Can we really have it all: working remotely, team bonding, and also a productive workweek?

I've really loved working from home (and I’m sure my pup loves this, too), but I’ve missed impromptu moments of “watercooler talk” or having time to connect with my team members in person, doing something fun and casual, like taking a walk to the cafe, joining an activity in the lobby, or feeling the sunshine outside.

That’s why I’m really loving this practice our team has created called Dream Team Dream Time!

What is Team Dream Time?

Every month or two, a member of our team signs up to host an informal virtual hangout or activity where supplies are expensed under $30 per person. Each team member purchases their supplies individually beforehand.

Then, the host books a time on our calendars where we all get together and play a game or use our hands to build something yummy or fun!

Pusheen-3.gif

Here are a few ideas that our team has done:

• A watercoloring lesson of cute pets or animals, hosted by @Bridget Sauer 🖌️

• A group brunch cooking session, where we made stuffed french toast with cream cheese and berries, hosted by @Mandy Ross 🍞

• Playing telephone online using a website such as Gartic Phone, to be hosted by @Monique vdB 📞

• Floral arrangements, ikebana-style (hosted by yours truly) 💐

• Ceramic pinch pots with air-dry clay, to be hosted by @BiancaE 🪴

How do you Dream as a Team?

Team signup page: Our Dream Time signup is hosted on a Confluence page in our Team's Space with a super simple layout, which includes:

1. An info macro up top with brief, basic info

• Who (Our team)
  • What (Informal hangouts)
  • Where (Zoom)
  • Why (To spend time together!)
  • Details (how to expense supplies, when to book to accommodate time zones, etc.)

2. A Confluence table with columns

• Date
  • Host
  • Activity + Supplies needed

Then, team members sign up as they please: Team members have the option to sign up to host an activity for dates that work for them! From there, the host shares reminders in our team Slack channel on when to buy supplies by, and schedules the event on Google Calendar with a Zoom meeting attached before inviting our team.

Why I love it

It’s a super fun way to explore a hobby or play a game while also knowing that the time will be well-spent getting to know my team. Also, it's fun to see everyone's creations as a welcome break from the workweek!

Have you done any activities with your team? Would love to hear in the comments 👇🏼

Sincerely,

Can’t wait for the next Team Dream Time

7 comments

Comment

Christine P. Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2021

I really like that the team rotates the responsibility of organizing this, @Sharon Tan

Sometimes mixing creative + hang time = "forced fun." In your team's case, it feels more like an extracurricular for those that want to the opportunity to "dream as a team." I like!

Like Sharon Tan likes this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 15, 2021

I love Dream Team sessions! I seriously look forward to it every time! Loved the Ikebana session you hosted @Sharon Tan 🌺

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2021

What a lovely idea. I wish we could do something similar in my company. Anything that involves flowers and art sounds appealing to me.

I am a big fan of the following:

• A watercoloring lesson of cute pets or animals, hosted by @Bridget Sauer 🖌️

• Floral arrangements, ikebana-style (hosted by yours truly) 💐

• Ceramic pinch pots with air-dry clay, to be hosted by @BiancaE 🪴

Like Christine P. Dela Rosa likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2021

Thanks @Sharon Tan  for sharing your experience. It definitely creates more positivity inside the team while most of us connected with other team members virtually or in a hybrid mode.

Loved the name - Dream Team Time.

Bonus : Using Confluence Macros and Tables to keep a track of the activities, participants and integration with Slack Channel for sending reminders. That's the best part to make the best usage of your resources.

Ammar Ahmed Butt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

Cool!! 

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2021

This is really great inspiration! I think we'll start something like this as well. So far we were sticking to online games like among us or desk online games.

But I can imagine doing something creative with your hands can be a great refresher. I really like closed terrarium plants so maybe we'll start with that 😅.

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2022

Great

baile.gif

Cheers

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events