Plays of the month: Is your team healthy? Here’s how to find out

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 16, 2021

Have you read our new research report? It uncovers the current state of team health in Australia and the U.S. and the news is, well, we'll let you decide...

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 11.41.36 AM.png

In our research, we discovered that most teams are still searching for that magic combo of practices, people, and purpose that will kick them into a high-performance groove. Has your team found it?

These Plays can help get you there:

• First, take an honest look in the mirror with the Health Monitor. You’ll learn where your team needs to focus, identify areas for improvement, and then use that knowledge to identify other Plays that will boost your team's performance.

• Next, make sure your team knows their purpose – teams with clear goals and objectives are healthier. OKRs foster a shared understanding of team goals and each person’s role in pursuing them.

• And don’t forget to take some time to look back with regular Retrospectives. We found that 97% of teams whose culture supports innovation make time to regularly reflect on their work.

While those three Plays will get your team on a path to good health, we’ve got many more in our arsenal that’ll help ensure your team stays healthy once you get there.

We want to hear from you...

Each team has its own set of strengths and weaknesses. What does your team need to work on the most right now and which Plays do you think would help? Maybe a Ritual Reset is in order to re-evaluate your processes and, in turn, create more space for what matters? Or perhaps clearly defining Roles and Responsibilities would go a long way with your team? Let us know! We can all help each other out by sharing our ideas and experiences.

17 comments

Comment

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2021

Perhaps that blog post on the research/survey findings could benefit from additional review of the data; it seems to make some conclusions for only a few percentage points of differences for a sample size of less than 2000 knowledge workers...while noting +/- 2% margin of error on the decided confidence interval.  For example, the conclusions on team health and working location arrangements.

Like Hakeem Olasupo likes this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro November 18, 2021

Kudos to you, @Kristen Roth, for sharing these steps!

I enjoy it!

Cheers, 🥂

Like # people like this
Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 18, 2021

Thanks for reading, @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro ! Let us know if you and your team try out any new Plays!

Anytime @Kristen Roth!

I'm working on the Okrs right now with Trello Templates. Easy to move forward on this way!  =))

Like # people like this
Kristen Roth
Community Manager
November 18, 2021

Fantastic!

Like # people like this

It is @Kristen Roth

Like Kristen Roth likes this
Hakeem Olasupo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2021

Kudos to you for sharing 😊

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2021

I am just starting my journey through the Playbook. There is a lot to unpack, especially in light of the myriad of approaches and systems that are out there and have blended into our company culture. Looking forward to following the content, and this post was a great start. Thanks!

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
December 3, 2021

That's great to hear, @Andy Gladstone! We're glad you're getting started with the Playbook. Be sure to give us a shout with any questions you might have along the way!

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

Hi @Kristen Roth 

I have just enrolled in Atlassian Team Playbook facilitation and getting to know about the Team Playbook. Thanks for sharing the content.

Hope to see more discussions in the future on Team playbook from my side as well.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2022

Thank you for sharing.

James Richards
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2022

We always found a retro was a safe space to bring up issues without delving into personal conflicts.

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2022

Thanks for sharing. Nice article. 

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 10, 2022

@Kristen Roth  I am really enjoying these posts. Thanks again for sharing

Heydi Menéndez January 2, 2023

Such a great article!! I loved it!

Omar Mohamed Fathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2023

coool

Like Eslam Gamal likes this
Omar Mohamed Fathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2023

wooow

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

Just got pointed to these again and this seems like a good place to start with my team. 

Markku Miettunen April 5, 2023

No matter what, health is always the first priority.

Michelle Yip May 17, 2023

We're trying out this new practice to have open-ended Retros, where we take time out just to assess how the sprint went for one another, share kudos and likes, and find new small habits that we can potentially undertake in future sprints for improvements.

Rakesh Kambattula May 23, 2023

Worth a read.

John Williams July 18, 2023

Good tips!

Ankush Bora January 17, 2024

The 'Roles and Responsibilities' part is definitely something that I encourage in my team. Although, I would love to do it the way mentioned here. I will give that a try soon.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events