Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plays of the month: Cut your meeting time for a healthier work-life balance

Viewing page 2 of 2

33 comments

Comment

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2022

Good article. Being in support its difficult to avoid calls :) 

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

I think it's also difficult as most tools, like Outlook, suggest at least a half hour meeting as default instead of more of an egg-timer type approach of just a few minutes

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2022

I so agree with this one. Meetings are mostly status updates, there are so many asynchronous alternatives available.

Omar Mohamed Fathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2023

Good article so far 

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2023

Meeting for meeting sake is a bad practice and wasting time.  

Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2023

Great Article @Kristen Roth :)

Aslan Bennington-Barr July 4, 2023

This re-evaluation of priorities and responsibilities within teams and team processes is really interesting. I've mostly experience that we don't have an excess of meetings, but some meetings can run over time without someone keeping track of the time, without a clear agenda, or refocusing the meeting and dedicating other time to important issues raised in the meetings.

Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2024

You can never be clear enough with R&Rs. It sets the tone for the team. It's something I work on all the time, and I have so very much to learn. I'm luck that I have a team that supports me through it all! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events