Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play of the month: Reclaim your precious time with a Ritual Reset

Viewing page 2 of 2

43 comments

Comment

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2021

Thanks for sharing this! The Trello template is great! 

Like Kristen Roth likes this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2021

Thanks for the reminder @Kristen Roth 

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2021

+1 for this - I think it is an excellent idea.

It would also be a useful way of logging rituals for new colleagues to see too

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 3, 2021

It definitely would,  @Liam Green !

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2021

We have done this similar exercise during our retrospectives. I love the insights drawn and it helps in long run. Thanks @Kristen Roth  for sharing!

Cheers

Suvradip

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 3, 2021

That's great to hear, @Suvradip Paul !

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2021

Hey! 

Our team is dispersed globally and upwards of 20+ people. We are split under different managers but are still considered 1 team. Do you have any suggestions for a similar play book that could work for a team of 20+? Or could this work by splitting the teams by who the manager? 

Would this be worth seeing each (for this case we'll call ourselves 'Squads') Squads rituals and trying to standardize across? 

I really like this play book, taking stock of what is happening now so we can look at where we might be able to save some time and eliminate unnecessary rituals & scoping out long term or quarterly rituals. 

Thanks for sharing! 

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
September 20, 2021

Hey, @Brittany Wispell! Sorry for my delayed response here! Would you say that you work most closely with your smaller "squad"? I'm in a similar boat, and on a team of ~20, which is then broken out into smaller teams, each under separate managers. For us, it absolutely made sense to run this Play with our smaller team, as we share all of the same Team Rituals, whereas we only share some of them with the larger, 20-person team. After running the Play with your immediate Squad, it would be great to share what you learned with your larger team and see if they'd be interested in doing the same with their smaller groups. And when all Squads have completed the Play, it would be interesting to see if there are common themes!

Ilona_Mibex Software August 23, 2021

Definitely using Trello more often now! Thanks for sharing!

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2021

great points!

Vronik September 18, 2021

Great post, very interesting, many thanks for sharing @Kristen Roth  !!!

Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2021

As a team it is vital to continually inspect what's working, not working and maybe only slightly working.  

I would encourage teams when removing something that has an intended benefit to ask.. Ok so that's not working for us, what can we do instead to provide the same intentional benfit? 

(i.e. Retrospectives - benefit - help us to collectively understand good/bad and new things to improve- ALWAYS an easy target for teams to want to remove) 

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
October 22, 2021

Great advice, @Tina Behers !

Clint Young October 21, 2021

Team evaluations are always good especially when you've been working on a project that is taking awhile or the same team is starting a new project. Having a Ritual Reset is awesome.

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
October 22, 2021

Totally agree with you, @Clint Young !

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2022

Awesome play!

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 2, 2022

let me see if i can run this with my team. 

Zulfiqar Bin Zafar
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2022

Thanks for sharing with us. Great knowledge. I will share with the team and will look into this.

Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2023

Thank you for sharing @Kristen Roth :)

In my opinion, continuous improvement through small steps is a key for a healthy and growing team environment. The ritual reset is a great tool for achieving that :)

Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2023

Interesting read. I will probably try that one soon. 

Aslan Bennington-Barr July 4, 2023

I'm really interested in this idea, but especially interesting is the idea of tracking team rituals in something like a Trello board to make keeping track of them much easier.

Thanks for sharing.

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2024

Thank you, @Kristen Roth !  Definitely giving this one a try ~ it's not often that I think to examine our actual rituals!  Sometimes, we all just get lost in the repetitious stuff because it may have worked at one time or another.  Doesn't mean it STILL does and should be revisited periodically.

Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
April 9, 2024

I absolutely LOVE a good Trello board. It's the perfect blend of fast and organized. Get plans, ideas, and thoughts down quickly! Thank you for this ritual concept. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events