Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play of the month: How does your team make group decisions?

Viewing page 2 of 2

36 comments

Comment

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2021

OMG, I've never seen this before, but cor blimey it's powerful! 

Like • # people like this
Sedera Randria
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2021

Just found this picture 

IMG_4355.JPG

Youtube video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q7H5jtYUo4

Like • # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2021

We hash it out.  

Like • Kristen Roth likes this
Okan Erdogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2022

This is exactly what I need! We're struggling to make decisions and I end up making the executive decision as a project lead. Need to get better!

Kerry Low November 22, 2022

Hi, I agree that its helpful having a structured model to drive efficient decision making however how do you create an environment where you have robust decision making ie how do you create an environment where there is critical thinking and challenge rather than a "yes" culture?

Tommy Augustine February 2, 2023

We have a weekly meeting and follow a less formal process. I think DACI is great for documented decisions!

Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2023

Thank you for sharing this play of the month :)

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2023

I need to look into this further.

Michelle Yip May 15, 2023

Came back to this a few times already in the past few months, still a gem :) Goes to show how relevant the concept is!

Like • Kristen Roth likes this
Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 31, 2023

I'm so glad to hear this, Michelle! 

Aslan Bennington-Barr July 4, 2023

Striking the balance between maximum transparency and minimum overhead is very difficult, I've found. In my experience at a smaller company trying to tidy up instances, the best way to manage decisions is to have a single stakeholder or owner which you can repeatedly return to for approval. It helps to collect as much information as you can before going to them, because often they will trust your judgement and assume you've given them the full picture, which can be risky if you're doing high risk things.

Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2024

I struggle with the DACI. It's often difficult to get the right people, but I have started putting my best guesses and people correct them :). One challenge is getting the correct Approver on the page. Often there are 2 or more people I can pick out as approvers - from different POVs - and I see this happening more often. I'm trying to find a way to convince everyone the role of the approver is not necessarily to be the approving leader, but more of a facilitator to be sure that everyone has had their say, contributions, and given approval from their respective viewpoints. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events