Opportunity for image upgrade: reflect how you want to see yourself in a profile photo/gif

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2022

When collaborating, our avatar/profile pictures communicate who we are to others. But those images also communicate back who we are to ourselves. For this reason, it's sometimes nice to see an image of ourselves that reflect balance, peace, or some kind of serenity. So, the Teamwork Lab is going to give you a visualization of yourself in the mentality/space you like to work in. 

Throughout June 2022, we're offering to merge your photo with your ideal workplace state of mind. Here's how.

1. Comment in this discussion with a headshot from the side. Just take a picture of yourself against a plain background with only one eye visible, half your nose visible, etc. 
  2. In your comment, include one or a few words that evoke the mental space you would ideally be in to work.
    • Maybe it's an abstract location (like the woods, or the ocean, or a city).
    • Maybe it's a physical location (like a coffee shop, or a desk at home).
    • Maybe it's a mental mode (like meditative calm, or frenzy, or urgent business, or crowded ideas, or a blank canvass).
  3. In return, we will reply with your side profile + words in an image and/or gif format.

As an example, check out the first comment!

Can't wait to see what y'all share about yourselves. Thank you for your vulnerability.

8 comments

Comment

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2022

Example comment

This person's side profile was merged with the idea of "space."

So, the resulting image and gif are two options of depicting how they like to see themselves working as though no one else is around and they are free to create in open space.

Here is the still image.

EddieJpeg.jpg

And for a slightly different take, click here to view the gif.

Like # people like this
Mel Policicchio
Atlassian Team
May 31, 2022

This is beyond cool! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 1, 2022

I am so excited about this one!  Here is my profile shot, and my answer to the question is easy: the sound of ocean waves on a rocky coast.  Big Sur in California, with fog and cypress trees.   Anything along those lines would be amazing.

Also I look forward to the free dye job on my hair 😂

aaff1db6-8fbb-4c0a-a315-5970011db6d0.jpg

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
June 2, 2022

Tada! 

Monique.png

For the moving gif magic, please click here.

(FYI - the link expires in three months). 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

OK, @Monique vdB broke the ice for me. My serenity is road cycling through beautiful mountains or forestscapes just after sunrise. The effort, speed, sounds of dawn, smell of the air and sharpness of the rays of light that time of day just seem to put me in my state of flow. 

Thanks for this initiative - just thinking of those things has calmed me!Image from iOS (8).jpg

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
June 2, 2022

What do you think? :)

AndyPNG.png

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

What do I think? You captured all I think about (well, if we threw in some Atlassian Community logo somewhere, then it would be ALL I think about). Thanks!

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
June 4, 2022

I like that in the gif, there are two bikers to show that you've got camaraderie vibes + that the bikers go over little bumps but keep running forward smoothly.

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 7, 2022

Hello! This is so fun, thanks for the prompt!

The mental space you I would ideally be in to work is one of focus and calm. For me, this means a mental mode - one of meditative calm. Other things that come to mind are forest scapes, cats curled up on laps, clean worktops, and of course, a steaming hot cappuccino. 

Excited to see the result! 

Bridget_side.jpg

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
June 10, 2022

Your vibe felt clean workstations and so I'm pumped that yours turned out with minimalist energy. Here ya go, @Bridget!

Bridget.png

Like # people like this
Linda Paulson June 9, 2022

These are so cool! Adding my profile picture. My mental space for clear thinking,  inspiration and ideas is outdoors and specifically hiking in local and national parks. I love the trail terrain, vegetation, rocks  and expansive views!Linda-side pict-resized.jpg

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
June 12, 2022

Here are clear views, literally and metaphorically, in your final asset, @Linda Paulson! I like how the clouds move slowly so as not to overwhelm.

LindaPNG.png

Like # people like this
tanaz
Atlassian Team
June 15, 2022

Thanks for putting this together! My ideal working space is a cozy, well lit space with windows and leafy plants around. Image from iOS.jpg

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2022

It's like your office is a greenhouse lol. 

Tanaz PNG.png

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

Hi - My ideal working space is on a beach with blue water! 

Summer.jpg

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2022

Yours looks like it blends right into the beach. Rad!

Summer PNG.png

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2022

@Christine P_ Dela Rosa - love it! Thanks! 

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2022

This is kinda neat.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events