Let's trial new ways of working together: suggest a challenge for the Teamwork Lab!

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2022

giphy.gif

Each week during November, we will prompt the group to adopt a work behavior for that week. At the end of the challenge week, we can share our reflections in the post's comments.

Examples of challenge ideas:

• If you're running a meeting, send a recap page/post/message to all attendees.
  • Thank at least one team member per day (during this weekly challenge) for something you recognize about them. 
  • Ask for feedback at the end of each meeting on how people feel about the session.

What suggestions for new ways of working do you have? 

Even if your suggestions aren't used for the "New practice November" challenge, I'd be interested to hear what behaviors folks might suggest to improve the way we work. It might inspire folks to try them out on their own!

9 comments

Comment

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2022

I think trying a new practice will be fun. It's the consistency that may be tough for me. Because doing something every time requires a lot of intentionality.

But I'm excited to try things on with others at the same time! Solidarity in challenges, y'all :)

Like Courtney - TechTime likes this
Jonathan V. October 12, 2022

This is such an awesome idea. Love it!

Like Christine P_ Dela Rosa likes this
Bhanu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2022

Hi @Christine P_ Dela Rosa 

Having a team get together every month will help stay connected.

Making time to thank a person a week is really a great idea. Way to go!!!!

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
October 12, 2022

It's finally cool enough in Austin to walk around outside without melting. My challenge would be to take at least one meeting as a walking meeting - in person if possible, but more likely as an audio call with your phone in your pocket. If November is cold in your part of the world (I see you, Canada), bundle up!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2022

Meet with at least one co-worker who you don't (yet) know and get to know them and their role more. Can be in person or via Zoom, but must be an intentional outreach to that person to make a connection.

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

This is a great idea and question @Christine P_ Dela Rosa 

Provide your team members more flexibility in the hours they want to work, otherwise known as Flextime. At my company, 89% of us are working from home and we have been afforded the opportunity to work when we want to as long as we are available during the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM. 

Like # people like this
Courtney - TechTime
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 20, 2023

Love these prompts!

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2023

Skip Level meetings can be great.  It seems that often Upper Management doesn't always know what's going on in the trenches.  Have Upper Management have a lunch with just the producers and leave their managers behind.

Sanjen Bariki
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2023

Hi Guys,

Lets Enjoy the day!!!!!!!!!!.........!!!!!!!!!

It Team lab Wahoooooooooooohooooo

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events