I need a "Product Team Health Monitor.

Gerhard Grahle December 28, 2017

I just had a look at  both Project Team Health Monitor and Leadership Team Health Monitor. Checking a Scrum Team, both do not fit. Moreover neither in a LeSS nor a SAFe organisation. At least I am missing two of the most important, the Team Cohesiveness and the Team Knowlegde.

1 comment

Comment

Bernie Ferguson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2018

Hi Gerhard,

I'd like to greater understand where you see the Project Team Health Monitor not fitting for a scrum team? Often we find for project teams, as they often come together for the duration of the project and then disband that the discussion is focused on the imminent deliverables of the project.

Whereas for product teams the discussion lifts from deliverables for a project to the longer term product vision, intended business outcomes and importantly the desired customer impact.

So while the discussion sits at a slightly different level the attributes for high performing teams are equally valuable.

Remember also, the attributes are not fixed. Feel free to add or remove attributes so that your teams are having the most insightful discussion, leading to actions that improve the performance of the team. In that, you may wish to include the Team Cohesiveness attribute (included within the Leadership Health Monitor) for your Scrum, LeSS or SAFe teams - play around with it and let us know how you go!

Like Jason H likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events