Happy playbooking with Stand-ups !

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

Thank you @Bridget for presenting the Team Playbook Atlympic Event.

Just starting a discussion to share the experience of Stand-ups Team playbook we run through for our team.

We used to have informal meetings on regular basis earlier, but then decided to have daily stand up meeting to keep a check on each others work and see if there are any dependencies, challenges. Therefore, we picked Stand-ups play to run it with our team.

Since we are working fully remote for now, we do it over Video Conferencing and have created a project board which we go over during the meeting. Every individual also share the progress of the tasks assigned to them and its status. Then we discuss about the blockers and how to unblock them and also prioritize work as per the workload.

These meetings have brought strong bonding among our team, there is more transparency and everyone understands other colleagues workload/priorities. If someone is unable to solve a problem, other team members offer to help out with the challenges they are facing. These meetings have encouraged better collaboration within our team and improved overall efficiency.

Which Team Playbook are you using for your team ? Would love to hear your experience. Thank you and Happy Playbooking!

24 comments

Comment

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 4, 2021

Love it, @Kishan Sharma ! I think the standup play is so useful to promote team bonding in lieu of traditional "face to face" time you might get in the office!

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

Thank you @Bridget , thats so true!

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2021

before corona, we had stand up teammeetings

now, in homeoffice, when I would stand up, I can't see my monitor correctly (+camera will not see me), so there it is no option for me

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2021

Great, haha i can imagine, you need a stand for your monitor as well then ;)

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2022

@Alexander Pappert , So true. You should opt for height adjustable tables :) 

Dasha Shakov August 5, 2021

Great post! Standups are a great way to start the week. As a Product Marketing Manager, my weekly team huddle, as we call it, is one of the things I always look forward to with my team.

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2021

thats true @Dasha Shakov thank you!! :)

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 5, 2021

This is awesome to hear, @Kishan Sharma!

Like Kishan Sharma likes this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2021

Thank you @Kristen Roth :)

Like Kristen Roth likes this
Prashant Sangappa Shivashimpi August 10, 2021

Hi @Kishan Sharma ,

This is really awesome.. Great stuff.. Thanks for sharing.

BR,

Prashant.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2021

Glad you liked it @Prashant Sangappa Shivashimpi , thank you :)

OTOR JOHN STEPHEN August 13, 2021

I love this. @Kishan Sharma 
In the organization where I work, we practice the daily standup as well and it is very useful as it helps keep every team member focused.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2021

Thank you @OTOR JOHN STEPHEN , thats nice to hear!

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2021

It's Stand-ups because it's really important short meetings that should be held regularly by co-workers working on a project together, so that all the participants can discuss about their progress done and what need to be done next.

Roelof Briers August 16, 2021

Great post, and a great idea. @Kishan Sharma 

Like Kristen Roth likes this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2021

Thank you @Roelof Briers  :)

Sedera Randria
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2021

Especially with remote interactions, is it relevant to keep the name "Stand-up"?

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2021

You are right the name is not relevant in remote interactions, you can name it as per you liking eg: "Virtual Meet" :)

Sedera Randria
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2021

2 questions inspired by Jeff Sutherland. Once the team reflected on these questions, the meeting is over.

2021-10-14_16-41-25.png

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2021

Standups for us. Keeps the team connected on a daily basis. Most of day, the members are off on their own. The 5 - 15 minute meetup allows us to also check the pulse on how things are going as a whole. 

Michaël Monserrat September 21, 2021

Do standups around the coffee machine count ? We've been doing it for years ! :)

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2021

Great, of course it does :)

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2021

@Kishan Sharma Great Stuff!!

This is awesome to hear, Thank you for sharing!!

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2021

Glad you liked it @Mayur Jadhav Thank you :)

Like Mayur Jadhav likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2021

In my team of 2, we have 'morning sit downs' - what problems did we have yesterday, what we're working on today and in what order, why (priorities etc), when we're going to take mental health breaks etc. This makes sure that we're both on the same page for what's happening that day & why! I think, because there's only 2 of us (myself & my VA), it's easier for us to do this and 'get all our ducks in a row' first thing over coffee before the day starts. I will say though, these are probably more like 1/2 an hour, rather than a normal stand up of 5-15 minutes!

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2021

That's great @Esme Crutchley I liked you mentioned about mental health breaks which is very important now a days, thank you for sharing your experience!  :)

meghna_singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Awesome post ! Thanks for sharing 😇

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Thank you @meghna_singh :)

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2021

@Kishan Sharma , thanks for sharing! Me and my team have the similar experience. 

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2021

great, thank you for reading @Alexander Bondarev 😀

Hakeem Olasupo
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2021

Such a great and educative post!

Daily standups are a great way to start the week.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2021

Thank you @Hakeem Olasupo 😃

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

Nice Post @Kishan Sharma

Hope to catch up with you on discussions regarding Team Playbooks in near future.

I have just enrolled in one now.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2021

Thank you @Pramodh M , good to know that you have already enrolled in one team playbook, we can sure catch up some day :)

babajide fagbola June 9, 2022

@pramodh Can you lead me on how to enrol also into the Playbook?

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2022

@babajide fagbola Plays are free workshop resources that help teams work better together. Each Play tackles common team challenges and breaks down the steps and actions needed to address them. You can Find the right Plays for your team here. 

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2022

Nice post @Kishan Sharma . 

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2022

Thank you @Srinatha T  :)

Like Srinatha T likes this
Zulfiqar Bin Zafar
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2022

Love it @Kishan Sharma great content to read

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2022

Thank you @Zulfiqar Bin Zafar :)

YogeshKR
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2022

Awesome post! Loved it 

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2022

Thank you @YogeshKR :)

Like Omar Mohamed Fathi likes this
Omar Mohamed Fathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2023

awesome post

Rakesh Kambattula May 23, 2023

Thank you and Happy Playbooking!

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2024

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events