Events for the fall [feedback requested on programming]

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2021

We have some events planned for the rest of 2021, but need your help filling the rest of the season out.

• What other topics are you interested in hearing about from subject matter experts?
  • What formats are you interested in seeing--written Ask Me Anythings (AMAs), live Zoom presentations with Q&A (only available in one time zone per event), closed Zoom events for small groups intended in for full group engagement?

As you think about what other events you want to see on our fall event calendar, here is what we have planned in the meantime. Feel free to drop your feedback on these events as well!

• Dogfooding: written AMA (September)

• Hackathons: written AMA (September)

• Async collaboration: either written AMA or live Zoom presentation (October)

• Agile at scale: either written AMA or live Zoom presentation with Q&A (October)

• 4-Day Work Weeks: live Zoom presentation with Q&A (October or November)
  • Offsites for distributed teams: written AMA (November)

• Annual Planning: either written AMA or live Zoom presentation with Q&A (December)
  • Operating Rhythms: either written AMA or live Zoom presentation with Q&A (October or November)

4 comments

Comment

Anita Kalmane
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2021

I'd love to have them recorded so we can watch them if the timezone / time doesn't work out for us!

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2021

We'll be sure to do a mix of written-based AMAs so that it's accessible to everyone evenly as well as recorded sessions so that information is accessible for all timezones.

Margareta Buruian September 6, 2021

I would love to see anything around estimation - How to estimate cross-team, how to measure success and how to refine the process based on feedback/success 

Like Christine P_ Dela Rosa likes this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
September 6, 2021

Cool. Are you looking for live Q&A, @Margareta Buruian ? Or would articles and content be sufficient as well?

Margareta Buruian September 7, 2021

Hi @Christine P_ Dela Rosa for me personally I would prefer something either recorded or written content so it is easier for me to share across the team and gather engagement. As much as I would like to it isn't feasible to have the whole team on a live Q&A! 

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
September 7, 2021

Fair. We're on it, @Margareta Buruian. And by "we," I mean Atlassians but also want to include other members reading this message, too. 

Thanks for your request!

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2021

I'd love to hear and see something about topics like how to find (identify) potential team members that are capable of showing empathy for others on the team and building a mindset of helping each other like taking the pressure off each other instead of putting on the brakes on a team/project.

In one sentence probably: "Building and keeping a healthy team".

Zoom sessions in the past were awesome - a plus when they are recorded for reasons of living in a different time zone.

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
September 6, 2021

I can't like your topic enough, @Daniel Ebers

There is a strong correlation between healhy and happy teams, which is also strongly correlated with high-performing teams. We can definitely have events on this topic. Thanks!

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2021
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2021

Maybe something along the lines of Personal Development/Certifications. I know Atlassian has those things, but maybe a Zoom call with those who lead that to get the inside on what really works and doesn't, suggestions for additional courses, methods of delivery, etc. 

Zoom or in person video is best, AMA would be next. 

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
September 14, 2021

Ah, like classes outside of and/or including Atlassian University? For general development? I wonder if we (or someone) can start a group discussion about this, too.

Wink wink...

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2021

Would think it could include both inside and outside of Atlassian University. Maybe "someone" WILL start a group discussion.  :-)

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events