Discussion: What's a piece of content on the Community you've loved? Share to plant a tree!

Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 18, 2022

As many of know, the Atlassian Community is a treasure trove of content, filled with creative articles, helpful tips, technical knowledge, and discussions filled with humanity beyond the products.

I don't know about you, but comments and likes on content gives me warm fuzzies and reminds me of the humanity beyond our online community and products. What if reading and liking that content could help us do something beyond that?

This month, it can! To support Likes for Trees, we want to hear what your favorite content has been. We're planting one tree for each Like on a piece of Community content.

Share an article for members to like in the comments, and help us plant more trees! Each Like on a comment and on each post plants a tree.

Yes, it could really be this easy:

original.gif

Get some inspiration on what to share:

• Which articles did you enjoy?
  • What pieces on the Community made you laugh, taught you something, or inspired you to write?
  • Which authors inspire you to write more creative content?
  • What posts inspired you yesterday? Last week? Last year?
  • Which comments or answers were thoughtfully, funny, engaging, helpful, or saved you a ton of time?
  • What articles would you love for people to respond to?

Surface your favorite articles by linking them in the comments.👇🏼 You could share one post per comment to maximize your Likes. Share one or share 10 to plant more trees, or tag the author to give them a compliment!

Like each comment and the post linked. You'll also receive one of our special, limited-edition badges for each Like you give, so your profile could contain this x 1000.

gamification tree badge@2x.pnggamification tree badge@2x.pnggamification tree badge@2x.pnggamification tree badge@2x.pnggamification tree badge@2x.png

We can't wait to read and Like your favorite pieces!

13 comments

Comment

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2022

Oldie but a goodie. In this discussion thread about what to do you do when you're disappointed with a work outcome@Darryl Lee came through with a comment that really resonated with me. See below.

My personal way of handling this is to step back to pull myself out from the negativity and deal with the emotional parts first, then, analyze the whole story and what could possibly go wrong and why, and talk to people to seek the improvements.

If it's the common thing across multiple team members, I will call out for a brainstorming meeting to open for discussion.

It reminds me that reactions aren't just about solution-ing on a next step. It also includes the emotional part. And I love the reminder that there are work actions AND work-related emotions tied to those situations. And both need to be resolved.

Like # people like this
Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 18, 2022

I loved this past Friday Fun,
What to visit at Carcassonne & arround (South of France), where @Rémi BERNIÈRES shared a bunch of beautiful photos!!

I was in the south of France last month and wished we had time to stop by, but bookmarked it for a future trip 💙

Like # people like this
Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

This is definitely something I'll be bookmarking for the next time I'm in France. This is awesome. Thank you!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 18, 2022

I love today's Miscellaneous Monday with all the pictures of trees . Yes, more trees! It's tree-ception over here today.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2022

This is a Friday Fun that I think really pulled me further into the community and introduced me to the talented powerhouse @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_. It gave me a glimpse into the spectrum of lives we all lead in the Atlassian Community. 

Friday Fun: Our Friday Evening Traditions

(and this post reminded me I still have to reply to another post from Laura that is on my Trello follow-up board for too long).

Like # people like this
Sharon Tan
Community Manager
July 19, 2022

That is a gem @Andy Gladstone ! Wonderful thread @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ 👏🏼

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2022

Thanks for the shoutout @Andy Gladstone, I had even more fun re-reading it than I did writing it (I didn't know that was even possible!) It was great to see so many of the Community get involved 😄

Bonus that it now gets to help plant some trees too 🥳

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2022

This article and the amount of likes it generated in almost no time.  A tree should be planted for this.
Unlimited Likes for Trees for Community Leaders 

Thanks @Monique vdB 

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2022

Likes made for likes about likes!

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2022

I like it if it plants a tree.

Like # people like this
Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
July 19, 2022

Big fan of @Jaime Netzer's article series about how to build your agile mindset.

The Atlassian Community is all about sharing knowledge and this series does a wonderful job providing A) applicable tips for agile newcomers, and B) encouraging everyone to share their own knowledge with the community. Great work, Jaime! Keep them coming!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 19, 2022

@Andrew DeBell ooh good one, Jamie's series has been fabulous!

Like # people like this
Sharon Tan
Community Manager
July 19, 2022

Love this, wonderful work @Jaime Netzer !!!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2022

I'm with @Monique vdB and I loved Miscellaneous Monday Seeing the forest for the trees as I also love trees. I loved posting on that discussion and seeing all the comments and I love all the pics of the different kinds of trees. 

Like # people like this
Sharon Tan
Community Manager
July 19, 2022

I loved this too, @Summer_Hogan !!!

Like # people like this
Vincent Mann July 25, 2022

this article from @Brittany Joiner on how to use Trello for social activism

Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2022

thanks @Vincent Mann !!

Like # people like this
Dave Bor July 27, 2022

This is still a great post for Git Best Practices by @Sandesh Shetty ! Commit often with good commit messages. 💯 We have similar feelings at GitKraken and have our own article on best practices for writing Git commit messages

Like # people like this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2022

"Like for trees" is a great initiative. All of us are proud to be part of Atlassian family for these type of initiatives.

Like # people like this
Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2022

great initiative @Sharon Tan 

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2022

We need more trees! More trees everywhere! This was (still is?) a great initiative!

YogeshKR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2022

Great ! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events