Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar redesign - how's it going?

Sara Gottlieb-Cohen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2024

Hopefully this week’s humpday is better than usual thanks to the redesign! How stripey is your calendar now?!

We'd love to see a screenshot of your redesigned calendar, if you feel comfortable sharing.

2 comments

Comment

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2024

I found that I have no control over my meeting times—I don't schedule any of them; just attend. Also, I have tried to implement some of your suggestions in practice, but have not had time to actually make them on my calendar.

Like # people like this
Sara Gottlieb-Cohen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2024

I'll be really curious to hear all about your experience when this week is over! Making huge changes like this can be really tricky - and this kind of feedback is very insightful for us.

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2024

This morning, I kicked off the week with a review of the week's meetings. I determined that some were unnecessary and removed them (or messaged attendees to determine if they were necessary). However, the rest are scheduled by someone else, and since we work across four time zones, scheduling is already tricky. Due to the time zones, my meetings tend to naturally be planned for midday when everyone is online, so that does leave room for deeper work times on the front and back of my day.

Like # people like this
Sara Gottlieb-Cohen
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2024

Thanks for the update, @Amanda Barber That's great that you were able to reevaluate at least some of the meetings. This is indeed a challenge for all distributed teams, and making changes are easier when the whole team is open to switching things up. We are really curious to hear more about your experience with the challenge at the end of this week!

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2024

I think further evaluation of weekly meetings could also be beneficial. I think some have the potential to be status updates (written or in Loom), while others could be ad-hoc rather than repeating.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events