Advice for Multi Department Management Across Multi Organisations?

Mitty B August 22, 2017

Hi All,

I've just been introduced to Jira Software, by my software engineer and we will be rolling it out for our development teams, however as an entreprenuer managing multiple startups and managing established businesses whilst considerate of the many departments that make up a company, or make up projects to roll out would any Jira integrations or combinations be able to help myself and higher level management teams effectively stay accross everything and everyone within reason of course.

For those of you who are seasoned users of Jira and are experienced with different offerings are there any combination of the jira products OR Atlassian applications which effectively intergrate out of the box to solve these types of challenges? 

We would love to keep it all under one platform (provider), if that is at all possible, provided it's a sound option for our varied organisations. I also need to keep in mind we'd need all our teams in those departments at all levels taking up using the software... 

We cant afford to keep rolling out different systems or fractured infrastructures it becomes to costly time wise so hoping for as close to a solid scalable solution to back up operations for the longterm and help us stay productive and organized.

As an idea of the companies / departments I'm working across (all are also rolling things out) are ranging from, Finance Consultancy, Sales, Offshore processing teams (credit & lending), Technology Startups, Marketing and Advertising departments, as well as the usual Administration, Accounts, HR & Legal Depts etc... all accross multiple industries at different stages of their life cycles. Of course there are specific CRM's and platforms that certain areas use also for their core work but they don't get people collaborating they are more transaction specific / customer data based platforms OR end to end facilitation of set tasks.

Hoping someone could point me in the right direction at least with Jira / Atlassian to understand that we could achieve a sophisticated level of intergration that we'd unlikely outgrow medium term (hopefully ever) would anybody provide suggestions with Jira or solutions that would cater for a streamlined approach to rolling out, managing, keeping organised and overseeing high level organisations in different non related departments in different geographical locations??

Any assistance is so greatly apprciated, I apologise for the length

Thanks so much in advance - Mitch 

1 comment

Comment

pb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2017

Hi Mitch - 

This sounds (to me) like a great opportunity to investigate Trello.  Anecdotally, some "business" teams seem to favor it because of ease of adoption.  I will leave the rest of the answer here to people who can make better technical recommendations than I can.... "I'm a community manager, Jim, not an engineer!".

Mitty B August 23, 2017

Thx Philippe, I'm day 2 of testing Jira Software with Core and Confluence so may add Trello on to see if that's the answer. Admittedly the combo I'm using is very powerful I can see already, I'm just unsure how I keep organised or differentiate in a scenario with multiple companies... I'll keep testing I do really like this offering by Jira tho is very feature rich. 

Thx for taking the time to suggest a possible solution Cheers

Walter McCreary Jr January 27, 2020

Hello Philippe.  It may seem like a mouth full, however, we are discussing Jira/Jira Core/Jira Server and so on.  I would say that I am perhaps a little under a week and what I have uncovered while discovering the inner workings of Jira and Jira Core, is the ease of intergration + other resources all within the Atlassian Community.  I can assure you that it is the solution for me personally, so much so that it is literally helping me to quit smoking as much and pretty soon...all gone (over and done with).  

What I am saying, is that for the past three weeks I have enjoyed myself so much, while working with Jira, i.e, building my multi business infrastructure---nationally, with extensions + insight(s) globally.  Jira literally helped me build within minutes (that is hours compared to going to school for a week), however I have put in at least 15+ hours per day, including toggling 30 plus screens.  Jira, and all of its extending resources is helping me to transition in real time, locally and hopes for a solid, yet manageable on a global scale.  

In conclusion, I too will need to follow up with a more details later.  I trust Jira is the solution to help you launch as a startup, small, medium or large as well as grow and intergrate you and your team in real time.  All the best in your endeavors.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events