Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A remote working tip that young me thought was hilarious, and business me now completely gets

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2019

In putting together some notes post Summit about working remotely for our geo-distributed team, I recalled a story my Dad told me about one of his friends. He was an architect with a home office in his garage, each day he would get ready for work then drive to "work" (around the block, and back to his own house. He would then work the day and then drive "home" again. When I was in high school this seemed absolutely hilarious, but now I fully get how putting in a physical disconnect between work and home would help you also mentally disconnect at the end of the day too.

Any tips you've picked up along the way that used not to make as much sense, but as your experiences have changed your appreciation for them has as well?

CCM

1 comment

Comment

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2021

I know I'm 2 years late in this post, but it made smile.

Thanks for sharing.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events