Workplace Mental Health and Wellness Sensory Box

A few years ago, I attended a Mental Health workshop, and one of the instructors mentioned a sensory box she had at her desk. At that time I decided to make one for my workplace. Taking care of our Mental Health is so important - we all undergo stress at various times in our work and life, and it's crucial to take a step back from what we are doing and clear our minds. I wrote "Taking care of ourselves so we can better take care of others" a few years ago during #BellLetsTalk Day. It is chalk full of great resources that you can reference for yourself and your team. For example, the Healthy Mind Platter, the Mental Health Meter and the Mental Health Passport.

This Workplace Mental Healthand Wellness Sensory Box is something you can replicate in your own workplace, and is a great team-building activity where team members can bring in an item or two for the box, related to our five senses.

I have a colleague that loved this idea and decided to make some wellness boxes for her children's teachers for their staff room and for the classrooms as well. I created a poster (in English and French) of the various items you could add to the box.

IMG_8958.JPGIMG_8959.JPG

Here is the Mental Health and Wellness Sensory Box I made for my workplace.

IMG_8957.JPG

Do you have wellness boxes in your workplace or in your children's schools? If not, I encourage you to create one with your team. You would be surprised how something like this catches on quickly and people start using it. The chocolate and tea have been a few of the favourite items. 

2 comments

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2020

Hmmmm 🤔 We don't have one. Nor had I ever thought of something like this! Very interesting :D

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

Please let me know if you create one for your workplace :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events