Welcome to the Teamwork Lab!

Our members are an active work in progress.

That means we seek to improve ourselves, and because of that energy, seek to improve our environment and the teams we work with as well.

• Have you ever gotten stuck trying to improve a process, but every time you hit a roadblock?
  • Does your team want to improve but doesn't have a clear model for how to do that?
  • Is there a way of working you'd like to try but it feels like your team is biased or doesn't want to prioritize experiments?

If so, this is the place for you. The Teamwork Lab is a space for members to bounce ideas off of each other, ask questions from people who have been in your situation before, challenge the status quo of your workplace practices, and debate methodology and usage of tools for the sake of discovering better ways of working.

As a member, you are open to new ideas, agree to be respectful of differing opinions, and if willing, will support the growth and development of others in the group. And like this group's desire to explore ways to improve teamwork, I'm counting on members to influence the way this group works and grows.

To get started, I've collected a few resources below.

1. Join the group and introduce yourself here.

2. Create a "Dear Work Therapist" discussion post as we explore ways to get SMEs involved directly with those with questions.

3. Explore different workshops--"Plays," from the Atlassian Team Playbook.
  4. Sign your team up for a free Team Playbook debriefing Play. 

For new members to this group, we'll offer an experienced Atlassian facilitator to run a Play from the Atlassian Team Playbook. In exchange, we ask that you write a recap on how the experience felt and any suggestions you have for other teams like yours. Plays available to be run are: 
  5. During our Listening Out Loud series, I interviewed some members of the Atlassian Community about their adjustment to working on distributed teams. This article includes the recap as well as links to individual interviews. It's been almost a year since the series began, but the lessons continue to resonate today.

Thank you for being here. Looking forward to seeing your discussion threads, new articles, and questions posed for other members. Onward!

49 comments

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

@Christine P_ Dela Rosa - Glad this group is a thing! ⚡

And hi Christine!!! 

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 19, 2021

@Dave Liao me too! IMO Teamwork > work :). 

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2021

Hi, @Dave Liao! You're the exact kind of leader that belongs in this group. Welcome welcome :) 

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

Thank you @Christine P_ Dela Rosa for bringing the details and curated links. This definitely sounds productive and I should be exploring.

Like # people like this
Ignacio Aredez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2021

I just joined the group, I didn't know about it but I like the idea and the resources that are being shared. Great job

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2021

Getting to know many work related aspects through this group, thank you!

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2021

Hi @Christine P_ Dela Rosa the statement, "That means we seek to improve ourselves, and because of that energy, seek to improve our environment and the teams we work with as well" is what drives Atlassian, end users, companies and starts up's to explore the vast talent and tap the ideas.

I really liked it  ....

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2021

@G subramanyam that’s the kind of affirmation we’re looking for. Comments like yours give me life!

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2021

@Christine P_ Dela Rosa  

Hello Again,

Another well articulated detailed post!

I have always a tendency to miss the introductory posts and no exception this time but I love the articles, discussions around this group and you deserve a big round of applause!!

Cheers 

Suvradip

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
August 9, 2021

@Suvradip Paul - you’re already so engaged. I’m glad you’re already getting something out of this group because you too are putting so much into it. Great balance of give and take, friend!

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2021

This has got to be one of my favourite groups 🙌 thanks for creating @Christine P_ Dela Rosa!!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2021

Agreed @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ - a good chunk of my job is actually figuring out how to get folks to work better together (through tactics, bribery, tools, etc.). 😅

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2021

@Dave Liao the bribery bit got me 😅

(It works like a charm though!)

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2021

@Dave Liao  - Could you elaborate - 'etc.' ? It would help others here too!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2021

@Suvradip Paul - the etc. will be a future Teamwork Lab article. 😜

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2021

This is a great intro post on getting started in this group :)

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2021

Finally catching up on my Teamwork Lab reading, and I echo @Kristin Lyons that this is indeed a great intro post with the perfect amount of linked content to help me get started on the journey! Looking forward to learning more about the Teamwork Lab and participating in discussions in the new year!

Like # people like this
Janaki Joshi January 6, 2022

I am trying to improve a process within my Organization. Looking forward how Teamwork Lab help me with the process.

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
January 6, 2022

Hi @Janaki Joshi ! Welcome to the group :)

If you’re comfortable, I’d love to know more about the process you’re looking to improve. Feel free to respond here or create a “discussion.” Or, if you’d rather check the group out first, maybe just reading all the posts that come through will spark some ideas.

Can’t wait to get more connected with you down the road!

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
March 11, 2022

So excited about joining this group!

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2022

Nice article . Looking forward to learn more about Team worklab and try to participate in discussions.

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2022

Welcome, @sr and @Darryl Lee !

I'd love to hear more about y'all in the welcome space - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Teamwork-Lab/New-member-introductions-to-the-Teamwork-Lab-group/m-p/1741151#M1. Come on down :)

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2022

Glad to have found this.  I'm a consultant been doing build / release / devops for almost 30 years.  Agile since 2006.  Just joined on with a new client 3 weeks ago, during my discovery ... the teams need a lot of work.  This looks like it will be a great resource to get them up and moving in a more efficient better quality way.

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
June 24, 2022

@Craig Nodwell - sounds like you’ve got a wealth of experience to share with us! Anything you’re specifically hoping to see come to this group—AMA topics, types of discussions, types of experiment insights, etc?

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2022

Thanks @Christine P_ Dela Rosa the answer(s) to that question would be a bit of a loaded one.
My experience gives me a lot face time into the black box.
The dedicated career path has allowed me to cross industries.
The last client was a 5 year journey that started from an idea on the clients side for automated testing, it ended with a full blown value stream management delivery pipeline across two federated server organizations, with a new dept. 11 fulltime staff a vendor and management to run it all.
I'm not used to that I usually do implementations re: gather requirements/stand up/migrate/tweak/train and go.  Hence the gunslinger avatar.
Con to this long term client -> I missed a lot of changes in the industry and the tool stack that were outside of the last organizations scope.
So to point, I've just signed on with a new client. 
Up until just a couple years ago they were still doing software delivery via paper tracking/sign-off/release.
They've implemented some practices, some very good, most not so good :)
I'm hoping to bring this group along on the journey.  And hopefully through that engagement avoid some of the pitfall that I experienced the last time.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events