Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

📊 Template: Project Delivery Team Review

The project is over. Time to celebrate 🥳, to reflect 🤔, to say "thank you" and to gather knowledge. This template helps us with all these things - all bundled in one Confluence page. 

Reflect as a team and revisit the project with all its ups and downs.

We designed the “Project review template” to provide a comprehensive overview of a completed project reviewing its progress, achievements, and challenges. It serves as a valuable tool for reflecting the success of a project as well as improving future projects.

When this template is established it is a great place to read about the learnings and best practices from a project. Provided with the right labels on each review, a project review library can be built up, which can be a first point of reference for all project knowledge. We labeled them by year, project size and topic. Those overview pages, especially at the end of a quarter/year, are very valuable and often used in quarterly/yearly reports.

Filling out this template as a team can be done during the project or after a project with a get-together afterwards. Either way it should be fun team activity and everyone should contribute. ☺️

Project review template.png

Do you have a project review  template in your company?

If yes, what does it look like? Are me missing something?
If no, what do you think? Can you imagine working on a review for your next project with your team?

And as always, make sure to customize this template to fit your specific project/needs and you'll have a great guide to conduct effective project reviews.

10 comments

Sven Peters
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2023

I love this because teams often jump to the next project and don't take the time to celebrate and reflect. 

We often do a 4L Retrospective at the end of our projects. I like the template in that you review the timeline, milestones, and original objectives.

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2023

Thank you @Sven Peters! Yes, sadly taking the time after a project has been completed often comes up short. This templates helps to pause for a moment and reflect on the whole time that has passed.

I love the 4L Retrospective. Especially the "longed for" column often outputs action items for better team collaboration. 👏🏻

Like # people like this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2023

Thanks for reviewing this approach, @Svenja Lorenzen 

Some of the larger, and more structured, places I have worked have used these to feed into the start-up of new efforts / projects.  (e.g., in a PMO or Agile PMO)  To do this leaders and teams were asked to mine the earlier learnings during project initiation, to both anticipate and prevent similar challenges, and to capitalize on the successes from others' solutions.  And later that project would add to the knowledge store and reference earlier reviews that helped them.

Like Svenja Lorenzen likes this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2023

I really like this and want to start to use this. We are currently using Atlas to reflex on our current project with client high level updates and I think with this review template would be powerful together. It seems like a great place to summarize and get the full teams input for how it went post deployment or delivery.

Thanks much for the ideas and great usage of Atlassian tools.

sadhana.chittibabu October 31, 2023

I really like this template and its time to suggest this to my team. I feel this is great tool to summarize the projects. Thank you so much for this informative post.

Tim Kopperud
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2023

Hi @Svenja Lorenzen, this is a nice template, it was clear and ease to read. 

TimK

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2023

Thank you @Bill Sheboy, @Aaron Geister, @sadhana.chittibabu & @Tim Kopperud for your kind words. 💙

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Mauro Barquero Suarez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2024

Hello @Svenja Lorenzen  where I can find this template tried in the template library can't find it this is perfect for what I need for my team, would you guide where to find it?

Thank you,

M

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2024

Hi @Mauro Barquero Suarez,

Unfortunately this specific template can't be found in the template gallery from Atlassian. We created it ourselves. I would love to submit it, but I don't know if there's a way to do so. @Sven Peters can you maybe help?

@Mauro Barquero Suarez otherwise feel free to rebuild it in your instance. I'm very happy you feel like this is a missing puzzle piece for your team. 😊

Like # people like this
Mauro Barquero Suarez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 9, 2024

Oh Understood @Svenja Lorenzen i thought there was a way to share templates you created outside of your organization that would be great save time i really like the ¨to the point¨structure of it

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events