Create
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Team Icebreaker: ๐Ÿ‘› Pickpocket - an energizing team game!

Sometimes long meetings are unavoidable. For example: quarterly plannings/reviews, training sessions, workshops or even sprint plannings. These meetings can easily stretch to a couple of hours or even half a day.

But these long meetings don't need to be done in one piece!

Make sure you are planning a break, and try out this short and fun energizing game to empower the meeting particpants for the next round.

pickpocket-screenshot.png

๐Ÿ‘› Pickpocket - Game Description

Pickpocket is the adult version of scavenger hunt, a game we all loved playing as kid, right? The goal of each team is to gather together as much items as possible in the given amount of time.

โฑ๏ธ Duration: 3 to 5 minutes
๐Ÿ‘ฅ Participants: 6 -12 (or even more)
๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ Online or Remote

How-to play

1. Organize participants into groups of two to four.
  2. Split the items from the item list so that each group is assigned three items.
  3. Give each group 2-3 minutes to collect as much items as possible from their list. Than count which team has the most items.
  4. Give a prize to the group who has found the most items.

Variation: You can also give different points to the items - for example one point for a pen, but three points for a reusable coffee cup. Than count which team has the most points.

The list of items can of course be modified.

Trello Board

๐Ÿ”— Here's the link to the Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/qXUmCJzh 

That's it.
Easy to integrate in every longer meeting, right?

Please let me know what you think. If you have played this little icebreaker game, please leave me your feedback. If you have suggestions on what to add to the items list, make sure to drop a comment below. I will add a couple of items from time to time so you'll always have new things to search for.

If you like Confluence and Jira tips you can follow me here.

Have fun energizing up your meetings! โšก

6 comments

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2021

Nice @Svenja Lorenzen ! I like how this implies a "get out of your desk chair and run around looking for the items" moment. After a solid run of meetings, this sounds like a fun way to get a quick screen break and get the heart pumping. Plus I've noticed some of the items in your example are noisemakers (jingle the keys, click the pens), so you can have people "make noise" every so often during the meeting when they agree with something being said.

Like โ€ข Svenja Lorenzen likes this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2021

Thank you @Daniel Eads

Yes, right! That's exactly what the game is meant to do. ๐Ÿ’™ Getting up, shaking out the legs, and focusing on the little details around us.

I also really like the idea of giving feedback through sounds. This would also break up remote meetings!

Like โ€ข Daniel Eads likes this
Adil Nasri August 5, 2021

This sounds fun, @Svenja Lorenzen

I just shared this post with our scrum master who is looking for team games we can play to get us into the right mood for retrospectives. :D I will let you know how it turns out.

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2021

Thank you for sharing this with your Scrum Master @Adil Nasri!

Yes, please do! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป I would love to know how you and your team liked it.

Like โ€ข Vikrant Yadav likes this
Elain Cleopatra November 3, 2021

Thanks for sharing. This is a great contribution.

Play mahjong online at https://mahjong-gratuit.net/

Like โ€ข Svenja Lorenzen likes this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2021

Thank you so much @Elain Cleopatra! ๐Ÿ’™ I'm glad you find this contribution valuable.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events