Sharing my lockdown Story

Thanks to @Sajit Nair and Tamanna Godara for nominating me to share my story of this #lockdown.

My #lockdown story begins in the last week of February when our European client’s projects were halted all of sudden because of the COVID-19 outbreak and the whole team was working on an in-house project only. So as a leader of the organization, the major challenge was for me to keep running the business and keep myself and my colleagues motivated at the same during this complex situation time. But increasing COVID-19 cases around the globe was making all of us a little bit worried day by day and before the announcement of lockdown in the country, we decided to take a break and staying at home for the safety and healthy life of everyone in the team, so we closed the office since Friday, March 20, 2020. For a couple of initial weeks of lockdown, we all stayed at home without so many official works and we all got the chance to spend the time with family members, remembering and talking to the old friends and getting more closer to the relatives by having video/voice calls which we all were almost lost because of our daily busy schedules. And after two weeks of breaks, we started working from home on a new project and it brought new energy to the team which is commendable.

I personally think I have utilized this lockdown period by doing lots of activities like gardening, little bit cooking and helping others in the kitchen, playing several games (Badminton, Bingo, Ludo, Cards and other board games) with the family members, house cleaning, getting connected with old friends and community friends around the globe, spending more time on the activities of tech communities, hosting #community events virtually, and attending so many other virtual events. I got a chance to do a retrospect of myself, and the company and to think about further steps that I and my company should take to bounce back. Overall, this lockdown made me think about everything in different aspects.

I believe that we all will be much stronger than ever and will start living a normal life soon!

I nominate @mukeshDocquity@Prakash Aryal@Pushpkant Garg to share their lockdown stories.

3 comments

Sajit Nair June 11, 2020

So nice to ready this @Ashish A_ 

Thanks for sharing

Like SmartMobe likes this
SmartMobe June 12, 2020

@Sajit Nair Thank you so much!

Tamanna Godara
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 17, 2020

You will definitely come out stronger @Ashish A_ ! Great story!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events