Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap: personal highlights from Atlassian Team Tour 2020

Last week Atlassian Team Tour 2020 took place - this time as an online event.
In case you haven't had the time to watch the session this short recap is for you.

Most prominent change surely was the announcement of Jira Service Management.
Apart from that topic several rather non-technical sessions were held - full of interesting and useful information.

Let me show you my personal highlights from the sessions (as a Top-Three) along with some takeaways.

Accelerate enterprise effectiveness with Atlassian
The session was about enterprise teams and how to make them successful. I found it interesting how many teams rely on Atlassian solutions. Once more one very important point came to discussion: work is absolutely not only about "the tooling" but about a healthy team, having a good culture but also good processes.

A hot topic also in this session was the stop of selling server licenses in February 2021.
As an option for the time after server the Enterprise Cloud offers but also the Data Center products were presented - including the history of the cloud offering, which was very interesting.

What I find the most interesting is the dedication for scale, performance and availability when it comes to enterprise solutions - what includes also Cloud offerings in this context.

What Atlassian has learned about the science of team effectiveness
Mahreen held an interesting session dealing with the question what makes teams effective. We learned that there are many factors that influence if a team is able to operate with success, like communication between the team members, motivation - in short: how people work together.

The session also provided several suggestions what team can do to achieve this goal.
We learned that there is a tool that supports this - the Team Playbook.

Mahreen used the "My User Manual" play to explain more detailed how the Playbook can be used.
She also emphasized on the significance on company-internal events like Hackathons that allow a break out of routine work. Same time this fosters team cohesion (what I can confirm from a personal observation!) and is a further chance to learn and exchange.
The session concluded with a nice collection of instruments and use cases where companies share their best practises.
This all can be found on: https://www.atlassian.com/practices

The best virtual team building activities, according to full-time remote workers
Sarah provided us with this podcast where she shared thoughts on how to remote teams can stay connected even if they are spread all across the globe.
She pointed out in her podcast that virtual team building activities basically work similar to them you probably even know from earlier times when all the staff members were in the same office.
The key question in advance will be what the team wants to achieve. Do you want to do the building activity because a new member joined the team? Are you already a convinced practitioner of activities and you are looking for more regular exercises?
The podcast links to a nice matrix which also provides some activities that can be used right away.
https://www.atlassian.com/blog/teamwork/virtual-team-building-activities-remote-teams

In case you want to watch the sessions you can still register on the page and watch them. Above you only see three excerpts from what me inspired the most but there is so much more content to watch.

There has also been a discounted training offer during Team Tour.
From my point of view the trainings were oriented on topics which are very current also here in Community.
"Automation" found its place, as well as "Cloud Migrations".
But there have also been classics around like "search queries using JQL" and the "Team Playbook", of course!
A quite powerful bonus on top was "Roadmapping with Jira Align", a solution that probably not everybody has heard of up to now.

Here in Community there is still the possibility to have a chat about the specific trainings.

In case you haven't had the chance to attend there are still plenty of opportunities from training.atlassian.com - very well structured material that helped me a lot in the past.

How did you like Team Tour 2020?
I'd be interested in your personal highlights! What did you like the most? Which topic would you consider game changing?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events