[Live AMA alert] What our bodies tell us while we work

Ask all the questions you have on the relationship between your body and your workday with special guest, Coach Julian!

• Monday, June 20 at 8am Pacific time

• Monday, June 20 at 11am Eastern time

• Monday, June 20 at 10am Central time

• Monday, June 20 at 5pm BST

• Monday, June 20 at 5pm CET

• Monday, June 20 at 8:30pm IST

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 10.32.45 AM.png

Coach Julian specializes in the connection between the body and the mind, understanding that how we feel may manifest into our behaviors or the way our bodies appear.

He will walk through what it means when our bodies are positioned in certain ways, when we feel good or bad, and what we can do about it. Come with questions to ask during the event or drop them here as comments for the moderator to ask on your behalf. 

Sometimes, we measure how we’re doing by the amount of hours worked, feedback from teammates, or even how we feel about the quality of our work. But those things don’t tell the whole story.

For example, chest breathing shifts the nervous system to the sympathetic tone. On the other hand, belly breathing shifts the nervous system in to parasympathetic tone. So, something as simple as knowing how to breath while we work, can impact our moods and ability to change our decision-making mood.

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 10.24.03 AM.png  Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 10.24.44 AM.png

RSVP here, please! See ya there.

7 comments

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2022

Some questions I already have:

1. I know work tension can show up in our bodies. How do we know where it might be held and how might we use that information to signal that we might not be comfortable in work situations?
  2. Are there postures, stretches, or things I can do while sitting or standing at a desk to improve focus and attention?
  3. I stare at a screen a lot. Are there any suggestions, beyond taking breaks, that you have to improve my ability to read pages online or engage with people on video chats?
  4. I've read studies on feeling hot or cold temperature-wise (even holding a warm or cold drink in our hands), can influence our mood. Anything you've come across like that? I want to make sure I'm aware of any potential variables that influence the way I communicate.
  5. Any breathing tips for deep work vs quick tasks?
Like Viktoriya Borisova likes this
Mel Policicchio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2022

Registered and excited! 

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

I hope I can join 

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
June 20, 2022

Thanks to all who were able to make it out to the AMA! 

In case you want to rewatch the conversation or pass it along to teammates, you can view the video, transcript, and chat here. It will be available to download to the next couple of months.

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

This sounds so interesting! Was this recorded? Oh wait, I see above in the comment the details! Thanks @Christine P_ Dela Rosa for posting that! 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2022

Just re-watched this and really learned so much, I think I may try the consultation and see where it goes!

Like # people like this
Tosha Liveoak September 28, 2022

ooo Thank you, @Christine P_ Dela Rosa !

Like Christine P_ Dela Rosa likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events