Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best of Dream Team 2021, a playlist from the Atlassian Communiteam

Hey, Teamwork Lab!

As this year comes to a "wrap", I can't help but think about all of the great practices that our team has contributed to in order to stay connected in our remote/hybrid world.

As you may know from @Bridget Sauer's post (Sincerely, "Looks forward to team meetings" ), our Atlassian Communiteam has a shared playlist every week that every team member adds a song to!

This month, we're paying tribute to "Spotify Wrapped" and sharing the very best songs from our Dream Team Mixed Tapes with you, our wonderful community. A big thanks to @Monique vdB's for this genius suggestion!

Doubtful that a shared playlist could do wonders for your team? Don't take my word for it:

• "oo! oo! oo! oo!!!!!! I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!" - @BiancaE 
  • "I am excited to hear all these songs by peeps I have never heard of 😀" - @Monique vdB 

Spotify Wrapped, Best of Dream Team 2021

⭐ Top Albums ⭐

30 - Adele

• "I love Adele’s new song! sometimes it’ll repeat like 5 times in a row and I dont even notice because it’s v chill"
  • "This new album has been on repeat for me for like the last three weeks!"
  • "I love this carpool karaoke segment with her, which would also be my dream job"

Red (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift

• "All these songs bring me back! Flashback fridayyyyy"
  • "Forever & always is forever (& always) a JAM"
  • "'The best day' used to be my moms ringtone"
  • "There are a bunch of never-before-seen photos in the lyric video as well"
  • "Weekend plans: watching all the Taylor’s version lyric videos"
  • "Fearless was by far my fav album of hers so today is a v special Friday"
  • "And then 1989 is a very close second"

Well-loved tracks the team gave some love in Slack

American Boy - Estelle

• "American Boy is givin me life this morning"
  • "The song has aged well. Can't get enough of it."

Bulletproof - FARR

• "OMG loving this version of Bulletproof"
  • "This Bulletproof version is legit. Setting my week vibez"

California Dreamin' - Bobby Womack

• "We are on the same wavelength. I added the California Dreamin' before I even saw that you added two California songs tooooooo! (also I love the California Joni Mitchell song"
  • "Omg I thought you were adding to the theme! twinning!
  • "This version of California Dreamin’ is SMOOOOOOTH"

Call your Girlfriend - Robyn

• "Best song evahhh"
  • "Its one of my go-to “pick me up” songs when i need an energy boost!"
  • "It's a great Monday morning song! READY TO TAKE ON THE WEEK NOW"

Rasputin - Boney M

• "Kudos for the Rasputin refresher"
  • "HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY"
  • "In Flaaaaaays... 🔥 in Flaaahhhhhssss 🔥 in Fliiiiiiiiiimes 🔥"

Do It To It - ACRAZE, Cherish

• "I LOVED Do It To It (that's going on the party starter playlist ASAP!)"
  • "Do It To It puts me in a great mood every time"

Beauty Beats - Beats Antique

• "Beats antiqueeee i forgot how good they are!"
  • "I used to binge listen to them all the time and ran across them again in a playlist this weekend!"

⭐ Very Honorable Mentions ⭐

Shannon and the Clams, Olivia Rodrigo, Kacey Musgraves, Maggie Rogers, Sylvan Esso, David Bowie, Devendra Banhart, Migos, Tame Impala, TV on the Radio, Boney M, Bill Withers, Future, Andy Shauf, Camera Obscura, M.I.A., The Cave Singers... and many more.

Create a playlist for your team

These instructions are using Spotify, but you can use any method that works for your team:

• Start a collaborative playlist
  • Share the playlist within your team by going to the menu (...) --> Share --> Copy link
  • Team members open the playlist and clicks the 💚 heart icon to follow/add the playlist to their library
  • Search for songs and right click to add to the collaborative team playlist! (Note: this might require the desktop or mobile app to do!)

Enjoy! What songs are you loving, and what would you add to your team playlist? We'd love to hear in the comments 👇🏼

4 comments

Christine P. Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2021

I'm juuust starting to see collaborative playlists, and while I was doubtful at first, I actually think it's helping my (often overly-routined) self find new music.

In the spirit of sharing, I like to find background music that doesn't make me want to karaoke so I don't stop working to jam. Once I find a good song, I play it on loop. Here's a website that lets you loop songs and I've also preloaded it with one of the songs I use when in focus mode.

https://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=6TYsOMYaz6E

Thanks for the inspo, @Sharon Tan !!!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

@Sharon Tan - Love the idea of constraining contributions to one-song-per-teammate! In the past, I've tried shared playlists, but there's always at least one teammate who gets enthusiastic and adds a ton of songs to the list, drowning out the others. 😂

Also in the spirit of sharing (thanks for @Christine P. Dela Rosa for starting that), I've been listening to Hypnotized (by Purple Disco Machine & Sophie and the Giants[1]) on loop: https://open.spotify.com/track/0OeFuOAu0P1ONYz5EDdqb2

[1] both very cool artist names

Like # people like this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Following on from @Dave Liao banger, this is one of my fav remixes for the year.

Guaranteed to rock the office party: INXS NEED YOU TONIGHT PIERRE M 2021 NEED A BOOGIE REMIX - YouTube

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2021

@Curt Holley - that YouTube link has got a beat to it! 🎵

Like Curt Holley likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events