Atlassian Community is creating 1:1 matches with Community Members!

Hello Teamwork Lab members! 

We’re announcing a new community-building tool and would love you to take part!  

Introducing Community Connections. :heart: We’re partnering with Orbiit to curate one-on-one, 30-minute conversations between community members. You will be matched with other members of the Teamwork Lab based on your shared experience and interests.

The goal of this program is for you to connect with your peers, share ideas and perspectives, and build a deeper connection within the community. Face to face!

When you opt-in, Orbiit will match you with another member, schedule the meeting, and provide a suggested agenda to ensure an effortless and successful conversation.

We look forward to hearing what you think about the program and hope you enjoy connecting with your fellow community members!

Please let us know if you have any questions :) 

Monique

26 comments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

As an early adoption program member, I can attest that this is an amazing initiative that everyone can benefit from!

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

Thanks, @Monique vdB ! Do we need to opt in only once to the program (or every time we'd like to request a connection))? Also, how do we provide feedback about the program? Thanks again!

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2022

Signed up. Pumped!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 1, 2022

@Carlos Garcia Navarro great questions!  The other one you participated in was Community Leaders only. This is a new pool of matches, so you do need to opt in again if you'd like to do this one too - which you are very much encouraged to!

You should have gotten a feedback form to fill out from the last round. I think via email? Did you see that come through?

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 1, 2022

Extra bonus for participants, you could be matched with @Christine P_ Dela Rosa herself! 😉

Like # people like this
Okan Erdogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2022

This is fantastic! Thanks so much, @Monique vdB 

Just filled out the form and waiting for my match! So exciting!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2022

I just filled out the form and am excited to get matched! So fun! I love meeting new people! 

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2022

Thanks for the response @Monique vdB ! Excellent, I saw the email with the form! 

Like # people like this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2022

Its so much fun meeting new people and talking about the Atlassian Community & experiences around Jira & Conflunce.  I have filled up the form for a new surprise meeting...

Like # people like this
Lauren Allen August 3, 2022

I've opted in and very excited to see how this goes! 😊

A small bit of feedback though.  As an Aussie it was difficult to find suitable times as there was no APAC timezone option to select.  I had to try 4 different timezone selections before I got a compatible one based on checking against a conversion table. I ended up going with LA time.

Like Christine P_ Dela Rosa likes this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2022

So sad I'll be on holiday this matching 😭 Next one I'm in!

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2022

@Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ I'm actually on vacation during the dates listed, so I'm not able to meet during this time as well. But once matched, you and your matched counterpart can schedule a new time to meet. 

Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2022

Hi, I'm French and I don't know if I can talk a whole conversation in English...

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro August 9, 2022

I signed up, Team! It's fantastic! 

And @Rémi BERNIÈRES, if you feel comfortable, I believe you should try it. For many of us, English is the second language! Don't worry! 🤗

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
August 9, 2022

@Rémi BERNIÈRES - I agree with @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro

Also if there's enough interest, we can think about how to add languages for future matches :)

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2022

When should we expect to receive our invitation?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 12, 2022

@Summer_Hogan I can see on the back end your match has been made so you should get the invite soon! 🎉

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2022

Mine is setup for this week coming.  Looking forward to it.

Like Monique vdB likes this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2022

Hi @Monique vdB - I had a connection meeting today and the person that I was connected with did not show up. It says in the email from Orbit that I can propose a new time by modifying the calendar invite, but the invite is blocked from changes. Any suggestions how I reschedule?

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 19, 2022

@Summer_Hogan bummer! They missed out for sure. We'll take a look first thing Monday. 💙

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 22, 2022

@Summer_Hogan this is great feedback for future rounds - this round is "closed" which is why you can't make changes.  Currently the idea is you would work with your match directly to reschedule but that may not be possible anymore.

Would you be interested in a call with one of our Community Leaders? They are delightful people.  Otherwise we can just include you in our next round of matches! :) 

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2022

Hi @Monique vdB - I'll wait for the next round. No worries! 

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2022

This is intriguing! From what I read I have to wait for the next round.

Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
August 26, 2022

So cool! I was on a vacation, and I missed the chance to get in; I'm in for the next round!!!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

When is the next round happening.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events