⚡️ Supercharge your project and goal reporting with your org structure

Teams are at the core of every project and goal. To truly understand how to get great things done, we need to know how people and teams are structured to execute their goals.

So, we’re shipping a huge milestone to help you with that 🥳

You’ll be able to connect more information about the people in your company, including defining who is the manager of each employee.

What do I get with that?

1. Navigate through reporting lines and see what everyone’s working on AVAILABLE NOW

Display a person’s manager, direct reports or peers on people’s profiles, giving context of what they’re responsible for and where they sit in the org.

2. Filter projects and goals by your organization lines, and follow filters COMING SOON

Quickly find the work of your direct reports, peers, and managers. Follow this filter to stay on top of relevant project and goal updates—even as new projects are created.

3. Understand how the organization is structured to execute your goals COMING LATER

Get a view of your organization chart side by side with all your projects and goals. Find out which people and teams are responsible for each goal and project.

How do I get this?

Just book a call with us. We’ll tell you more about it and help you to set it up.

15 comments

Comment

Atle Bjelland September 20, 2021

Hello

Really like where this is going.

We wanted to play around with these reporting lines but are not able to see how we enable this. When we go to a specific user and select 'Reporting lines' all we see is this.

reportinglines.png

I would like to think we have looked everywhere on how to enable this but have come up empty.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Atle

Like Daniel Bolens likes this
Eric
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2021

Hi @Atle Bjelland ,

Here are the docs to set it up.

Right now, It requires syncing users with Access via an Identity Provider. Would that work for you? 

Feel free to send me an email if you need support to get this going: esaboia@atlassian.com

Cheers,

Like Atle Bjelland likes this
TotalPayne January 3, 2022

@Eric Thanks for all the work you are doing on this! I think it will solve several pain points. I have some feedback that I think would be quite helpful. I signed up for a session via your Calendly link but nothing was available until February, which is fine, but I wanted you to know that I'd be happy to meet earlier if you'd like. Just let me know.

Like # people like this
Andy Hockenhull March 28, 2022

Hello, we would really like to use this feature - is it supported within Azure AD -> Atlassian Access to get the line manager attribute?

Like # people like this
Eric
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2022

@Andy Hockenhull unfortunately we have not yet managed to get it working with Azure AD in any of our customers. 

Do you mind sending an email to Anish <adeena@atlassian.com> mentioning that you're interested in this feature so that we can let you know once it becomes available?

Thanks!

Oliver Wemyss April 11, 2022

@Eric Love where this is going.

Any thoughts around having a structure for Teams of Teams of Teams? E.G. Mobile Team = Squad X, Squad Y, Squad Z... You get the idea.

Also one ask, can we get an updated link for the setup docs please. Setting this up at new company and looks like the link in the product also needs an update since the name chance to Atlas :)

ScreenShot 2022-04-11 at 20.02.20.pngScreenShot 2022-04-11 at 20.03.57.png

Thanks!

Anish Deena
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2022

Hi @Oliver Wemyss ,

Yes Teams of teams (nested teams) is something that we are thinking about but havent gotten too yet. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for reporting the broken link in. We will get that fixed. Meanwhile, you can access the link here - How to sync reporting line info 

Thanks

Like Oliver Wemyss likes this
Byron Galietta April 29, 2022

Hi there.

I would be interested in implementing this for our organisation but we use Azure/Office 365 so would love to help get this working for ourselves and others.

I have filled in the form on https://intercom.help/atlas-by-atlassian/en/articles/5572925-how-to-sync-the-manager-attribute-into-atlas regarding syncing options.

Happy to have a call regarding this next week as well if needed.

I can confirm the "Documentation for admins" / "Show me how" link is still broken. It goes to https://intercom.help/team-central/en/articles/5572925-how-to-sync-the-manager-attribute-into-team-central and shows "Not found" instead of going to https://intercom.help/atlas-by-atlassian/en/articles/5572925-how-to-sync-the-manager-attribute-into-atlas

Kind regards, Byron

Andy Hockenhull April 29, 2022

@Byron Galietta also happy to have a call/help out on this as well as we are very keen to get this feature working for Azure AD as well.

ian.johnsen June 7, 2022

Hello! What is the Atlassian attribute for user profile field "Your Location" / "Based in?":

https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility

I have Manager field now configured...just need to setup Location like in these instructions: 

https://intercom.help/atlas-by-atlassian/en/articles/5572925-how-to-sync-the-manager-attribute-into-atlas

is the field "localeValue" or "locationValue" or "locale" or "location"?

Thanks!

Oliver Wemyss July 2, 2022

Hey @Anish Deena 

Any update on when we can expect the Org Chart or Team of Teams side panel to ship as in the 3rd illustration above?

During the Great Resignation, the churn has attributed to having a lack of visibility and this could greatly help teams navigate which team is working on what problem.

In a larger context across Atlassian's portfolio of tools, connected to Compass showing which team owns what thing we build, having a checkbox to show "Components" in a view like that could be very useful.

Anyone else feel like that would be useful to their company?

Thanks!

Like Raquel Cueto-Senra likes this
Ola Mustapha July 5, 2022

We currently have our org chart in Insight. is there a way to import from Insight into Atlas?

Anish Deena
Atlassian Team
July 10, 2022

Hi @Oliver Wemyss @Ola Mustapha,

Since we are fully focused on getting Atlas out of beta and available for all customers, we haven't gotten to this (org chart) yet. However, this is on our roadmap and something we hope to get to later this year. I will circle back once I have more updates.

@Ola Mustapha would love to learn more about how you are using the org chart in Insight. Would you be up for a 30-minute interview to talk about that and understand how that might flow into Atlas? 

Ola Mustapha July 10, 2022

@Anish Deena yes, I would definitely be up for a discussion. Would love to show you what we are doing.

Anish Deena
Atlassian Team
July 10, 2022

Thanks @Ola Mustapha

That sounds great. Please pick a time that's convenient for you here - https://calendly.com/anishdeena/30min

Looking forward to it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events