Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which HTTP authentication methods are supported by Team Calendar subscription in Confluence?

Péter Hendlein July 27, 2018

I want to create a small .NET service which provides some events in ICS format to Team Calendars for for Confluence.

First I want to try which authentication is supported so I put a static ICS file whith several events to my website. I create a calendar using my own URL: https://mysite/myfolder/file.ics. IIS 8.5 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are used.

If I enable Anonymous access, Team Calendar downloads the ics file and shows it. It's perfect. If I disable Anonymous access and Enable Windows, Digest and Basic authentication too, Team Calendars doesn't connect, it says authentications error has occurred. I can download this file via browser with my username and password, of course.

So which authentication methods are supported by team calendars? I don't know CalDAV protocol.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2018

Hi Péter,

I noticed your question has not gotten a response in a few days. I wanted to let you know about another resource where the community may be more familiar with the challenges you are facing authenticating to Team Calendars with a .NET service: Atlassian Developer Community.

Thanks,

Ann 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events