Team calendars can't load JIRA events as response from Project "didn't make sense" - what is going on here?

Melinda Atkinson October 28, 2015

We are trying to evaluate the Team Calendars plugin within Confluence.  We have app links set-up to JIRA , however, when we try to add JIRA events in Team Calendars we get the following errors displayed:

• We can't load events in <Project Name> - Releases. The response from project = "<Project Key>" didn't make sense.
  • We can't load events in <Project Name> - Issues. The response from project = "<Project Key>" didn't make sense.

Any ideas on what this means?  Else, any ideas on how we can see the response from JIRA so we can try and debug what it is sending to Confluence.

I verified the JIRA iCalendar plugin is available and up to data.  The Team Calendar plugin returns a list of JIRA Projects and Filters etc to select from , so app link is working, it's just that it cannot understand the response from JIRA to it's event load request.

We are using JIRA v6.4.11, JIRA Agile v6.7.11, JIRA Portfolio v1.10.4, Confluence v5.8.5 and Team Calendars v5.3.4 (trial license only). 

Thanks in advance  

(Would love to add another comment but can only add one every 24 hours – I need points!  Had to edit this original question instead)

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Melinda Atkinson November 1, 2015

FYI -- for anyone else who stumbles onto this problem . . . . our Issue was resolved as per this KB article and issue: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Team+Calendars+for+Confluence+Unable+to+Load+Events+from+JIRA+Calendar https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-1210 For our setup we added to JIRA the following argument in setenv.sh: JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Duser.timezone=US/Pacific" Problem solved.

0 votes
David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2016

I got this error due to my own admin mistake: 
A user needed access to a Confluence Team Calendar  which pulls its dates from issues in a JIRA project. 
The user had access to the space, and he was in the right JIRA project role, but he got the "The response from (perfectly good JQL) doesn't make sense" error.

-> He had never logged in to JIRA, so he was not a member of any groups. Once I made his user part of the group (which he would have been auto-assigned to if he'd ever logged in), it worked. 

0 votes
Melinda Atkinson November 18, 2015

Hi Jason -- did you see my comment on this thread where I mentioned how we fixed this issue. For our setup we added to JIRA the following argument in setenv.sh: JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Duser.timezone=US/Pacific". Took a while, but problem now solved.

0 votes
Jason Greenwood November 18, 2015

Have the same issue, using JIRA v7.0.0, JIRA Agile v7.0.4, Confluence 5.8.16 and Team Calendars 5.3.9

0 votes
Melinda Atkinson October 29, 2015

Thanks Nic, our versions were added above in the edited comment (I was unable to add another comment until now). Have also raised a support ticket to see if they can help.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2015

Could you share the versions of JIRA, Confluence and Calendars in use here?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events