Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Calendars - how to delete or rename a calendar?

Charles Swartz October 3, 2012

I need to do the following in Team Calendars and cannot figure out how to do them:

1. Delete a calendar
  2. Rename a calendar that I did not create (but I am an admin)

Any info will be very helpful. Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

The "Remove" function removes the calendar like if it was a "Delete" button. About not being able to edit the calendar's name, unfortunately it's the behavior of the Team Calendar. You can only edit the title and some other functions if you have created the calendar, even if you are the Administrator.

Thanks for the answers Pietro.

I'm curious why "remove" was used instead of "delete" - they mean very different things to me and the different language is confusing.

Also, why can Admins edit all items in Jira and Confluence but not edit calendar names? This is not consistent with the behavior of other Atlassian apps.

pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Yes I understand your problem Charles, but unfortunately is how Team Calendar works. You could send your comment as a improvement suggestion on jira.atlassian.com

Glad I could help you!

Best regards.

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2012

Charles

"I'm curious why "remove" was used instead of "delete" - they mean very different things to me and the different language is confusing."

Good question!

We have two features here:

1. Remove - "Remove this from my mycalendars list"

2. Delete - Permantly delete this calendar

At first we had two options in the drop-down menu "Remove" and "Delete". Everyone found this confusing.So we changed it to say "Remove" and from there you get a dialog asking you do you want to delete it or just remove it from your list.... sounds like it was still confusing for you... any suggestions let me know

Charles Swartz October 12, 2012

I think having "remove" actually be "remove" or "delete" is quite confusing. If I am looking to delete a calendar I would not think to click on remove. I think your original approach was less confusing, especially if the two choices are next to each other. It's obvious that remove does not delete the calendar if there is also a delete choice in the menu. When you mention that "everyone found this confusing" I have a feeling that "everyone" would include people who's primary language is not english. To a native speaker the difference between these words is very clear, but I can see how it could confuse others.

Also, why can't an admin edit the name of an existing calendar? This is not how Jira or Confluence works, so it makes it frustrating to have this restriction in Team Calendars.

1 vote
Anke Wittkowski September 17, 2014

I'm in a similar position like Charles now. I found a not so nice typo in the calendar name and would like to rename it. What options do I have as admin to get this corrected?

0 votes
Raju Adluru April 9, 2015

the above error could also happen if  confluence user does not have access to JIRA.

0 votes
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

Hello Charles!

In this link you can find how to edit a team calendar.

In this same link you can see in the picture how to delete a calendar (the function is called "Remove").

Cheers

Thanks Pietro, but when I "edit" a calendar created by a colleague I cannot end the name of the calendar - the text box is frozen.

Does "Remove" delete the calendar from all users or just remove it from my list of calendars?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events