Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Calendars: Error(s) occurred. 500 -

Oliver Lade July 7, 2012

I've installed Confluence and the Team Calendars plugin (2.3.1), and just a week or two ago it was working fine. Recently I've realised that it's throwing a mysterious error 500 with no details (see image below). No calendars or tasks are displayed, and nothing can be created. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?

I haven't changed much in the time since it was working, however we have changed the base URL of JIRA and Confluence from containing an explicit port to being behind a reverse proxy for a clean URL. Could this be interfering with any of Team Calendars' operations?

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled with no success.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Oliver Lade July 22, 2012

Fixed! David from support figured it out (see https://support.atlassian.com/browse/CSP-84844?focusedCommentId=2759729#comment-2759729).

The problem was that although I had updated the Base URL of Confluence, I had not updated the Application Link to JIRA. I went to Browse > Confluence Admin > Application Links and got a message saying that JIRA wasn't at that URL, and asking if I'd like to update the URL. I replaced the :8090 with a /jira, and all was well!

It only affected me because I was the only person with a JIRA issues calendar added to their Team Calendar. Hence when it tried to access JIRA via the broken URL, it blew up.

Hopefully the devs can fix this up and add a nice error message referencing the Application Links.

David Mason
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2012

Just to let you know, there is a bug in Team Calendars https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-721 which will be fixed in version 2.4. Once fixed, there will be a better error message indicating the true cause, and you will not lose access to all calendars if there is one JIRA calendar on an application link that isn't working.

Regards,

David

Like Deleted user likes this
0 votes
Ben McGinnis October 23, 2013

I'm Receiving this error as well, and when I try to add a calendar I get another error message about a null reference. How do I recover from this?

0 votes
Oliver Lade July 22, 2012

Support figured it out; see my answer. My guess is you had a JIRA calendar on your calendar and those for whom it still works did not. If you have the same problem, it's an easy fix :).

0 votes
Oliver Lade July 16, 2012

As it happens Adam, I'm in the same boat. It only seems to be for me. I'm chasing it up with support, will let you know what happens.

0 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2012

Sounds like somethin funny is going on.. worth raising a support case.

Oliver Lade July 15, 2012

Thanks Sherif, have done.

0 votes
Adam Summers July 12, 2012

I encounter the same situation as above, but only for some users. Others have no issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events