Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Calendar Data backup and restore?

Paul Spark February 16, 2018

I'm migrating confluence server with team calendars from one server to another. Confluence is fine, and the new server has Team Calendars installed, but my calendar data did not come across.

How do I backup the calendar data from the old server and restore it to the new server?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2018

Paul,

The calendar data should come across provided you did the full site XML restore. It's included in the database. As long as you have Team Calendars installed on the destination instance, then it should display properly. If it did not, I would recommend reattempting the restore.

If you did space only export, then it would not include your Calendar data.

After re-attempting restore, if you still do not see your calendar data, then let me know and I can raise a support request for you so we can have a look at your backup file.

Regards,
Shannon

Paul Spark February 16, 2018

Thank you Shannon for your quick reply. That explains it. I did a clean install on the new server, and then restored the Spaces one by one.

Is there a way to do the Team Calendars without a full size XML restore ? Could I copy the Calendar database tables to the new system?

Paul

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2018

Hi Paul,

I would suggest going to each calendar individually on the old instance and follow this Export Process.

Then, on the new instance, click the arrow next to + Add Calendar and select Import calendar:

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 4.04.40 PM.png

This will add the events to a new calendar.

Please note that it's not possible to merge calendars with this process, so you will need to create a new calendar.

Regards,

Shannon

Paul Spark February 19, 2018

Thanks Shannon - that worked perfectly!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 20, 2018

Glad to hear! :) 

Take care,

Shannon

Eva Dezsi October 19, 2018

Is this the only way? As we have around 283 team calendars, this would be a tedious task, doing it manually for each calendar. Did somebody find any other way? I believe that this is a bug.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 22, 2018

Eva,

The calendar data comes across on a site export, but if you're only doing a single space, then this is the method you will need to follow.

If you prefer, you could export and import the entire site, and then delete the content you don't need, if that's easier for you than exporting and importing each calendar individually.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events