Restrict a field in Calendar?

Justin Kix April 15, 2019

We have a calendar setup which is internal on on of our spaces.  We'd like to present it to another space but would like to keep one or more of the fields restricted.  Can we do this?

And the use case- on the events we have instructions on how to support a given event and/or a link to another confluence page with the instructions.  We want those instructions visible to the internal team only, but we want to make the rest of the calendar visible to the external team.  And we'd prefer not to create a second version of the calendar just to restrict one field as then we'd have to manage multiple calendars for the same events.

Does anyone know if/how this can be done?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2019

Hello there!

It is not really clear if you need to restrict a specific field (like participants) when creating events or if you need to restrict edit capabilities of the users regarding a specific calendar.

However, you could restrict the edit permissions for a given calendar. Here is our docs on this:

Restrict a Calendar - Server

Restrict a Calendar - Cloud

What we need to do is:

1. Go to the Calendars
  2. Select the three dots right by the side of the name of the calendar
  3. Select Restrictions
  4. Select to Restrict Editing
  5. Select who or which group can edit the calendar

Let me know if this helps you out Justin!

Justin Kix April 16, 2019

I am looking to restrict a field so that a certain group cannot see it at all.

Ex. in the "Description" field we put the steps for how we support a given event.  We only want our internal support team to see the contents of that field.  We want everyone to see the event so they know what it is and when it is occuring, but we cannot have them see the steps there in the description.

And I know one option would be to create a page, link the page, and restrict the page but that would invite questions and requests for accessing the page.  so we are effectively trying to hide a field from a certain group.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events