Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove JIRA Events from Team Calendar

David Jenkins July 9, 2014

Hi

Had team calendars up and running for some time (and it's great). One of the reasons we purchased this was to be able to use the JIRA functionality with it but our JIRA version was too old.

This got updated a few days ago and this morning I had my first look at adding JIRA events to it. Unfortunately instead of creating a new calendar for this so I could blow it away if there was issues I opted to add the JIRA to an existing calendar and now I have information showing that I don't want, and can't edit

I also can't see how I delete this JIRA information from my existing calendar view. How do I do this without destroying any other calendar information?

Thanks

6 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2018

Ok, so this is a VERY roundabout solution, but it works... please let me know if this works for you. And if you develop 'Team Calendars', this is unacceptable to have to do this in order to remove events, and I hope you correct this in near future.

1) Navigate in your 'Pages' header to the top level nav bar and select 'Calendars'.  
001.PNG

2) The Calendars screen shows all calendars in that space. Navigate down the right-hand pane till you find the calendar you need to remove the event from and select the Title of the Calendar.

002.PNG

3) Once that specific calendar opens, on the right-hand side you should see the events and be able to select the elipsis to the right and select to remove the event.

003.PNG

Rochelle Tan July 1, 2018

Thank you Russell, this was very helpful.

Like Russell Zera likes this
Natasha Liberman July 13, 2018

Thank you! Too bad Remove option is not available when viewing calendar on the page, but at least I don't need to delete the calendar to get rid of no longer needed JIRA based events.

Wang Nelson December 11, 2018

Thank you Russell, that works for me and helps a lot.

Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2018

Thanks for the feedback and for up-voting my response! I'm always happy to help however I can!

Patrick Pfisterer November 22, 2019

I cannot believe that this issue still exists :) Thanks Russell! To build in a delete function directly at the calender would have been too easy I guess. haha

Like Jeanne Nicole likes this
mgehringer February 20, 2020

Wow! Thanks, it worked great even with an old server version!

3 votes
Stuart Malcolm July 24, 2014

I encountered the same problem, but eventually figured it out. If you go to "Calendars" at the top (blue menu, just to the left of "Create") you can delete calendars and event types too (and give them different colours)

Paula Manildi July 6, 2017

This doesn't work unless it is one of "My Calendars". As a system administrator, my users have this problem and I can't remove anything.

0 votes
Rafael Valverde October 5, 2017

ersion 5.320, the last one and the plugin continuous with the same issue!!!!!!!!!!!! nice!! 

0 votes
David Miller September 30, 2015

Guys - anyone see how to do this? Deleting calendar entries is kind of a basic operation

Rafael Valverde October 5, 2017

0 votes
Joy_Mather July 30, 2015

I have the same problem and tried the above method.  This is the error I get. 

image2015-7-31 15:32:7.png

Confluence 5.8.4

JIRA 6.3.1

Team Calendars 5.2.10

can you please help? Is there another way to delete this type of calendar entry?

0 votes
David Jenkins July 14, 2014

Anyone got any idea how to achieve this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events